cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alsolh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,544
Message 1 of 11

this version of the lenovo solution center can only be installed on select lenovo computers

i have lenovo solution center 3.3.004 and it automatically was prompting for update to 3.4, when i try to update it shows an error "this version of the lenovo solution center can only be installed on select lenovo computers"

Guru
Views: 1,474
Message 2 of 11

Re: this version of the lenovo solution center can only be installed on select lenovo computers

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Can you give a try to install the update manually from this site?

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds104501

Which windows version are you using? If you are using Windows 10, I may also recommend installing "Lenovo Companion". 

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

alsolh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,454
Message 3 of 11

Re: this version of the lenovo solution center can only be installed on select lenovo computers

i tried manually downloading and installing, below screenshot shows same error:

2017-03-27_15-34-34.jpg

yes i have windows 10, should i uninstall lenovo solution center? i already have companion installed

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,436
Message 4 of 11

Have you tried a hardware scan under Companion yet?

The issue you state with LSC install has been reported in several posts.

What is your machine type and model? Are you running 32 bit or 64 bit OS?

What is the name of the LSC installer you downloaded? It must match your OS bit wise.

alsolh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,420
Message 5 of 11

Have you tried a hardware scan under Companion yet? -- yes i did

The issue you state with LSC install has been reported in several posts. -- so there is a bug in the new installer? should i wait for a fix?

What is your machine type and model? Are you running 32 bit or 64 bit OS? -- lenovo flex 3 / yoga 500 - 64 bit windows 10 enterprise (windows version have been upgraded to pro and microsoft support team have helped me activate it to enterprise since pro was not activating)

What is the name of the LSC installer you downloaded? It must match your OS bit wise -- lscsetup_x64_34003

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,411
Message 6 of 11

I dont see your machine in the LSC supported machines list. I think it is called a notebook.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/lscsetup_x64x86_34003.txt

Use the companion [hardware scan] as recommended by Martiniturbide.

It appears LSC does not support notebooks, thus the error screen.

edit [user has an Ideapad].

alsolh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,386
Message 7 of 11

Dear sclexman,

my laptop is in the supported list as per the readme file "All Lenovo Series Desktop and Laptops", in fact this app came preinstalled and it was just promting me to update, this is where all the trouble started,

i already mentioned earlier that i did the hardware scan then ran the installer again, the same error appears.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,370
Message 8 of 11

A Lenovo Yoga 500 14ISK (Flex 3 14) is showing on Lenovo support as an Ideapad, which is supported by LSC.  I understand it came preloaded on your machine.  It is NOT on your support page.  Lenovo will have to explain why you are getting the error screen during your install of LSC 3.4.003. 

If you are under warranty, I would recommend a call to the Lenovo support center.

alsolh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,354
Message 9 of 11

dear,

if a search for support software using my machine serial number lsc shows up in the downloads section, how many times i have to confirm to you that it is supported? Smiley Happy

alsolh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,352
Message 10 of 11

dear

i double checked and it doesnt appear anymore in the support download page, is it because the warranty is expired?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors