Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveQUENCH™ with MOTOBLUR™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-09-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 391 of 436

Re: QUENCH: Upgrade to Android 2.1 for non US users

2010-11-09, 15:52 PM

@mark

Mark can you confirm us the truth about the causes because all non US Users are being discriminated by motorola for not giving us upgrades to Android 2.1 and treated us like second or third class users/buyers.

You 've seen in previous posts that si some countries (like Korea) the MB501 aka CliqXT, Quench, Mix is being shipped out with android 2.1. I 've actual information from Motorola Argentina that decition to not upgrade to android 2.1 is a commercial decition.

There is a note in an important newspaper in argentina who gave the news

http://blogs.lanacion.com.ar/movilandia/noticias/por-que-no-se-actualizaran-los-motorola-backflip-dext-y-milestone-en-america-latina-y-europa/

here is the translation in english

"As  I said Germain Greco, director of product of the mobile unit of the  company upgrade the Backflip and Dext Android (in its Latin American  version) from Android 1.5 and Blur 1 (current) to Android 2.1 and Blur 1.5  has a cost in man hours, adapting the version made available in the  United States which requires each operator of each country in the  region, certify and distribute (more on this tomorrow), whose spending  is not justified for the company taking into account the number of computers sold in each country, and that for the bulk of users much of this update will be invisible" and "The Quench not be updated also"

Please tell us the truth about the issue

Options

48 Posts

07-20-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 392 of 436

2010-11-11, 13:02 PM

Hello to all.  I had to laugh reading this.  https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/176592  "Our consumers’ experience is our first priority".  I believe Harvey Dent is in charge of this company.  Any one knows when our extra official version of mb501 android upgrade will be available?  Have a nice weekend.

Options

87 Posts

08-12-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 393 of 436

2010-11-11, 13:11 PM

Hello all!

@fcarro.ar : no, he can't.

@LGCONTI: yo, man, how r u doing? I believe that was just a typo. Probably, it was meant to be read:  "Our US consumers’ experience is our first priority". Wish I knew when something will come up from that source you probably know...

Nice weekend!

Options

5 Posts

10-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 394 of 436

2010-11-17, 0:41 AM

Today I heard about the google navigation. After watching the demo video I was so excited that I could hardly wait to download it on my Quench. But oh wait... It only works in android version 2.0 or higher. Thanks MOTO, I'm so glad to have an android ancient version 1.5...

Options

2 Posts

11-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 395 of 436

2010-11-17, 20:25 PM

Is it possible to get the Android OS updates over wifi?

I thought the phone manufacturers were the gatekeepers for the updates.

Are the individual carriers as well?

Or is it that Motorola canada has to release the update and they are independent from Motorola USA?

Waiting hoping and praying to have an update from 1.5 soon, this is so ridiculous!

Options

53 Posts

08-12-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 396 of 436

2010-11-17, 20:52 PM

Now I have a Galaxy S with official Froyo and i'm just loving all the things

here. This guy from the Samsung development team really know how to make a

wonderfull Android ROM.

Bye bye, Moto. I hope I'll never in my life have any kind of product from

this ridiculous brand.

Good luck to you guys.

No dia 17 de Nov de 2010 17:25, "vanbc" <

motorola-mobile@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com> escreveu:

vanbc replied to the

discussion

>

"QUENCH: Upgrade to Android 2.1 for non US users"

>

To view the discussion, visit:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/283223#283223

Options

48 Posts

07-20-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 397 of 436

2010-11-19, 13:23 PM

Hello all, HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!! Oh, not yet. lol

Unfortunately here in Brasil, return a product a few months later, just because it is not what we expected, is not that easy like in US, otherwise I would have returned and bought a samsung or sony.

But as everyone say, we need to look the positive side, we can use our Quench as paperweight, as a prop, a stick to play with your dog, ... , see, many useful ways to use it.

ha ha ha, I am just kidding. I like my cell phone, I just hate the idea to have a good hardware running an old OS, which doesn't allow you to get the best of it. It is like if you have a car that can make 250 Km/h, but it has a speed regulator, that makes it goes on 60 Km/h only.

This forum is very quiet lately, so lets play a little, reply to the post answering, WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR OLD-FASHIONED QUENCH?

Have a nice weekend.

Options

17 Posts

10-19-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 398 of 436

2010-11-19, 14:28 PM

Amazing! Now it is possible to edit GoogleDocs on Android Phones and iPhones. All you need is Froyo! Wait! Froyo is Android 2.2. CliqXT is going to 2.1...GRRRRRRRR!!

Options

139 Posts

07-03-2010

Brazil

13 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 399 of 436

2010-11-19, 14:42 PM

I don't blame Motorola entirely for this one... it's really annoying the upgrades launched so fast. We can't even feel the taste of the latest desert hhaha Now Froyo and some weeks later, Gingerbread and then Honeycomb and Ice Cream...

Guys, I'm already running Eclair on Quench. It's awesome, especially Google Maps Navigation, Latitude and so on.. Market is damn fast and has a lot of nice stuff.

I don't like to run a software not approved by the brand, I really don't but we have no choice... Seems Motorola's proud is bigger than consumer satisfaction, see for example Sony Ericsson stteping back and working on multi-touch for X10.... why not Motorola launch 2.1 on Q1 2011?

Regards

angourakis
Options

1 Posts

11-24-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 400 of 436

2010-11-24, 23:42 PM

To whom it may concern,

Honestly I am very disappointed because I recently bought a motorola Quench, which i had heard its comments about android update 2.1. However, I thought (Motorola, aserious company with a great track), erroneously, would develop this update.Whether we are American, consumer rights are the same all over the world.
it cause me more concern to see post asking about something, of course, true and important and there are no official response about it. And do not talk about the typical response, "Our development department is evaluating the issue, " instead a real answer  to us, their customers.

I hope you are a serious company and will provide a satisfactory solution not only to me as a consumer, but also to the 61,877 visitors who made this post and others posts  like this.

Honestly.

One of many.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms