Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveQUENCH™ with MOTOBLUR™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-09-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 1

Quench Android Platform - horrible idea

2011-07-09, 21:39 PM

I know that they're saying it was "decision" not to update the Canadian software, or something - but that was a really bad idea in and of itself. A few weeks after I bought the phone, every one's software started getting updated - but mine. Now it's months later, and anything running on Android 1.5 is practically obsolote. You can't use anything with it, and it's only going to get worse as more phones and more updates become available. What's the problem with even one small upgrade? I wouldn't mind even android 1.6, because at least most support is available for that. No matter where I go, the response I get is "only compatible with Android 1.6 or higher". If I had have known this was going to happen, I could have been encouraged to buy a more expensive phone that would run on a higher platform.

If they refuse to update us to 2.1, why can't they just release an update to 1.6? Or, since the phones are so similar, let us in on the CLIQ updates? It's horrible business, and really has the potential to lose a huge client base. If the problem persists, I know I'd switch to iPhone, or Blackberry. It just doens't seem like a very smart way to keep people away from the other "big fish.".

Or, at the very least, why doesn't Motorola allow us some kind of credit or switch to a phone that they still make and look after? I've noticed the quench isn't even listed on their products anymore. Why not allow us the credit that the phone was worth, and then maybe we'd pay the difference for one that works properly? The only upgrade I was offered would have cost well over 200.00. Which seems a little ridiculous, seeing when I bought the phone I wasn't informed that it would no longer be carried and be completely inaccessible.

Basically, I'm wondering if anything is going to be done to help us poor Quenchers out. I love my phone, but can't keep using it if the service is going to continue being so poor.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms