Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveQUENCH™ with MOTOBLUR™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-31-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

Quench XT502 Upgrade Question

2011-02-09, 10:41 AM

I recently got a QUENCH XT502 in India. It comes with Android 2.1 loaded. I have two issues for Mark to look into:

1. The model is not listed

2. I was appalled to note that there will be no upgrades/updates! Actually, I rejected better looking Sony Ericsson phones and bought Motorola only because SE is well known to deny upgrades/updates! Is Motorola also following the same policy? Particularly, when this is an extremely good model which is capable of capturing a good market share, why are you doing this? Also, you've just introduced it in the Indian market, with Eclair, while Gingerbread is already out! Had I known about this decision, I would've surely rejected Motorola and gone with some other brand - my mistake, I didn't have the time/chance to check these out; but still.............

Mark, please look into both these issues - the first one is very simple to solve, but your immediate attention is requested into the second issue.

Thanks.

Options

1 Posts

02-23-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Quench XT502 Upgrade Question

2011-02-23, 8:46 AM

Good call,  I too am finding it difficult to find any support for xt502,  it's not even listed in the android phone section.

I am from Australia and the moto australia site doesn't even seem to have a forum section.

A 2.2 upgrade would be great as 2.1 does not have the facility to save apps to sd, so it doesn't take long to fill the phone's memory at all !

I am having an issue with background data being downloaded without ny knowlage or permission, i even have it unticked in the account settings ...  a copped a $400 bill for what?

great phone but no support

Addy

Options

1 Posts

10-06-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Quench XT502 Upgrade Question

2011-10-06, 19:26 PM

Yes, I too bought this phone recently but after knowing there is no upgrade available really felt bad. Motorola has to release at least upgrade to 2.2. Because 2.1 doesn’t support apps to SD card. and the phone is also with very less memory we cant install more applications.

Request Motorola to release upgrade..

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms