Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveQUENCH™ with MOTOBLUR™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

Quench battery icon changes to "?"

2010-11-26, 1:15 AM

Every time my wife turns off her Motorola Quench (MB501, service provider Vivo, in Brazil), the battery icon turns black with a question mark on it. When this happens, the phone doesn't charge afterwards.

Removing the battery won't help. The only way to get the phone to work again is by removing the SD card and putting it back again. I Don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that I changed the SD card. The original 2GB was replaced by a 8GB card that I was using in my old HTC Touch. However, I've formatted the old card using Windows before installing it on the phone.

Any suggestions to solve this issue? Is kind of annoying for her to have the back cover removed - wich is hard to remove in this particular model - every time she needs to turn off the phone.

Options

1 Posts

01-08-2012

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Quench battery icon changes to "?"

2012-01-08, 22:49 PM

Hi there.

Im also seeing the battery ? icon displayed.

My phone has just ingested some water(appeared in the screen like in a fishtank), so that may have something to do with it.  I dried the phone out for 24 hours and everything seems to be working ok except for that.

Doesnt appear to be charging at the moment, when switched off the batt indicates 56% full, large green battery appears when switched off.

But leaving it plugged in for half an hour hasnt seen that change.

Yet to experiment with removing battery and sd card etc to see if that reboots everything(though all these were removed when I dried it out)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms