cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luizcasellato
What's DOS?
Views: 11,370
Message 1 of 5

How can I delete the phone call history ?

Hi,

It´s easy to delete the phone calls done recently and  the preferred numbers called but I couldn´t find where I´m able to delete phone calls history.

This option is shown when go to contact list (all contacts) on the bottom of display . It shows as HISTORY // A-Z // STATUS

Does anyone know how to delete what is registered in the "history" ?

Thanks  

marvin02
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 5

Re: How can I delete the phone call history ?

This is aknown issues on many Motorola Android phones. No one has found a way to delete the history that is displayed on the history page in contacts with one exception:

• If your contact is not linked to a social network
  • Tap the contacts name on the history page
  • Tap the menu key
  • Tap "Delete from history"

You have to do one contact at a time and it does not work for contacts who have profiles linked to a social networking site (the phone will ask if you want to delete the contact)

Make sure that you read carefully any prompts you get when trying this so you don't delete a contact by accident!

----
I am a volunteer. The MotoXprt tag means I spend too much time here. The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. I use a Backflip. If my advice doesn't make any sense - ignore it!

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
Prometeo
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

the only way i know is to delete the contact and then creating it again... a lot of work.. very sad

yorkere
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

For the Motorola ATRIX 2, here's the procedure:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB410902&cv=&ct=9004271&pv=3&title=View+or+Clear+the+Call+History+Log+with+the+Motorola+ATRIX+2#fbid=vRox0UXbWNt

I tried it and it did work for me!

Robert

Highlighted
Jiullyfred
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

Such simple method doesn't completely erase the call history or other data from the Android phone, they still be easily recovered by some data recovery app. I recommend using Safewiper Android data eraser app to completely erase everything from your phone without restore.

This is the tutorial:

http://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/delete-call-history-android-phone.html