Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveQUENCH™ with MOTOBLUR™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 11 of 436

Re: QUENCH: Upgrade to Android 2.1 for non US users

2010-06-28, 22:42 PM

Hi Mark,

The Software Upgrade News page does not give any date for an Android upgrade for the Quench (Asia Pacific).

It seems odd that simple things, like connecting to the corporate WiFi (WPA2 Enterprise) and being able to search for contacts in the Outlook Global Address List, is not supported on the Quench.

Android 2.1 is out there and 2.2 is on its way.

Is there a reason why there is no date for an upgrade and more importantly, why wasn't this phone released with 2.1 in the first place?

I like the phone and find it more stylish than an iPhone, but not having the features that the iPhone has is a bit annoying.

Regards

George

Options

3 Posts

06-29-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 436

2010-06-29, 1:02 AM

I'm with you George, and in my opinion, I reckon if Motorola really wants to compete with the big mobile phone manufacturers out there such as Apple with iPhone, Nokia N series and Samsung Omnia, they are really going to have to work hard to earn it. It's all about customer satisfaction, and once this is lost, see you later.

I just bought a Motorola Quench last Friday and despite the build quality being superb, stylish design, great battery life amongst others, I really feel that the phone's let down by the OS version that is currently loaded on it (Android 1.5).

It's visible that this phone still has a lot to offer in terms of functionality and performance.

Hope that Motorola won't take too long to release the latest version of Android, hopefully 2.1 or 2.2 to unleash the real power of this device, and give us a better estimate of when this is going to happen.

Cheers

Fab

Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 13 of 436

2010-06-29, 3:21 AM

@George/Fabio

There is no date as a decision hasn't been made whether to upgrade the device or not. Until a decision has been made it will be "under evaluation".

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

3 Posts

06-29-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 436

2010-06-29, 6:09 AM

Hi Mark,

Whatever the outcome, I honestly hope... that they go for an OS upgrade to Android 2.1 or 2.2. It will make a great phone, an outstanding phone. I've always owned Nokias, and they've been very reliable. Great phones, But this time around I decided to change to something different, and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the Quench. It's packed with features and it's easy to use. 

Fingers x,

Regards

Fab

Options

2 Posts

06-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 436

2010-06-29, 22:17 PM

Hi Mark,

I think that answer is a little soft coming from an organisation the size of Motorola.

I cannot believe that there may be a decision to Not upgrade this device!

It seems that this device has been priced well and the deal that Optus have with $19.00 a month seemed too good to pass up.

Now when I look at what the Quench does not have it seems a little short sighted from Motorola's perspective considering that a lot of people will have already purchased this device only to discover that it has been stunted due to the O/S installed and because no one knows when it will be upgraded, so that Motorola customers can enjoy the benefits of what this device is possibly capable of.

Surely someone within Motorola must know if and when an upgrade is happening and hopefully much sooner rather than later.

I can already imagine Motorola losing customer faith with a product that seems to promise a lot but unfortunately under delivers.

I hope the next response from Motorola will be a little more positive as the recent responses seem like more of an excuse than a commitment to provide a service to their customers.

Regards

George

Options

17 Posts

06-23-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 436

2010-06-30, 17:32 PM

Motorola quench will be my last motorola phone if it don't be upgraded to 2.1.

I hope Motorola don't forget their Android phones like they have done with EZX platform.

Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 17 of 436

2010-06-30, 17:41 PM

@george

I apologize that we do not have any promising information at this time. As it becomes available we'll provide it. Today we've made an update but only CLIQ and CLIQ XT on T-Mobile in the U.S.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

70 Posts

06-18-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 18 of 436

2010-07-01, 12:07 PM

I really just want that they releases the update for CLIQ XT and than hackers will find a way to root it, and make it work on quench (what should not be that hard once that ...IS THE VERY SAME PHONE) (Sure u loose your warranty by doing so) Still i almost cry every morning that the alarm in this phone just starts to play after i unlock the screen... (Yeah it has happen today again...)

For users from brazil , Motorola all ready has a 2.1 version for brazil , it will come out with the Flip-out , my hope is to see a quench update based on that firmware...

Options

3 Posts

06-29-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 436

2010-07-01, 22:53 PM

Hi Tayllor,

Just a quick a note about the alarm not working whilst the phone locked. I've got android 1.5 version of the phone and I don't have that problem? It works perfectly! Wouldn't that be a configuration setting somewhere on the phone?

Mark, any ideas?

cheers Fab

Options

14 Posts

05-31-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 436

2010-07-02, 1:20 AM

Mark,

I do not use the original carrier of Quench in Brazil, TIM, I have no problems in using the firmware for the Cliq XT.

Since it has no problems with the bands of the cell. I also believe it is the same hardware.

Let consumers, who bought the cell phone believing the Motorola brand, waiting for an update that may not come, can result in losing some customers.

Best Regards,

JEduardo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms