Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveQUENCH™ with MOTOBLUR™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

06-30-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 31 of 436

Re: QUENCH: Upgrade to Android 2.1 for non US users

2010-07-27, 22:00 PM

I have a Motorola Quench here in Canada. My phone is curently with Rogers services here in Canada, but I got it SIM card  unlocked to use it free range in Europe. As the update for android 2.1 is "under evaluation" at the moment, if or when the update comes out, will I be able to access it using regular wifi connection while in Europe? Basically, is the Android 2.1 update going to be region or service provider specific? Is there a site or way I can download the update, if or when it comes out, directly off a motorola mobile website?

Updating the OS directly off the phone's setting menu, will it work if Im in Europe?

Thanks

Options

6 Posts

01-25-2011

TORONTO

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 32 of 436

2010-07-27, 22:46 PM

hi dratman

I am sure that you will need to be on Rogers network with a Rogers SIM in order to get the update. The build needs be be customized for Rogers.

But I will not expect it anytime soon. Best case scenario will be by the end of the year.

Now, my wife has this phone and I will need to unlock it soon because she needs to travel outside Canada. Can you tell me how you did it? I suspect that Rogers should give us the unlock code if we request it, but I didn't try it yet.

Thanks

Options

6 Posts

06-30-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 33 of 436

2010-07-30, 1:24 AM

Hello galiganu,

Crap i was hoping to use the phone's WIFI to do the update. BUt why would you need to confer the phone to Rogers? After you unlock it they should have nothing to do withthe phone. It d just be straight up motorola.

Anyways, I used http://www.cellunlock.net/ website service. Just find your phone, and give them the IMEI number of your phone. It cost me 17$ CAD to get it unlocked. They seem to be one of better reputatable unlocker outlets on the web. Response time is usually less than a day, but when they didn't response to me after day I emailed them and got the unlock code after 30mins.

Do note that even with the unlock code, you will NEED a foreign SIM card to actually enter the code. A Rogers SIM won't work because the locked phone will automatically recognize it and start to work. Any foreign SIM card will get you into the unlock menu, which appears when you first turn on the locked phone with an unrecognized SIM card.

Options

6 Posts

01-25-2011

TORONTO

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 34 of 436

2010-07-30, 2:11 AM

You just unlocked the phone so you can use it outside your home network (which is Rogers) - but you still have the same software version as before. If you will check your software version you will see that it is customized for Rogers (mine is Blur_Version.0.15.0.MB501.Rogers.en.CA).

So from here I think that the update might be sent out from Rogers, but I can be wrong.

Maybe somebody from Motorola can comment.

Anyway, dont get your hopes to high for the update - it is a long way until will come.

Options

2 Posts

07-30-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 35 of 436

2010-07-30, 2:54 AM

También se requiere una actualización urgente del Motorola Quench para Argentina de la empresa Telecom Personal!!!! Por favor denos alguna información al respecto, para poder saber o si nos quedamos con el equipo o tenemos que venderlo! Desde ya gracias.

Options

4 Posts

08-12-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 36 of 436

2010-08-12, 2:30 AM

Would like to get any sort of update regarding Motorola Quench, Personal Argentina and (at the very least) 2.1 for Quench.

I think a lot of people will agree to say this will be our last Motorola Phone if the company just forgets about us. Don't release a phone you have no plans to keep updated.

Nothing personal against you, have a nice day.

Options

87 Posts

08-12-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 37 of 436

2010-08-12, 18:37 PM

Well,

We in Brazil also want to know about it. Please don't take that personal. I've been with my Quench for only 24hrs, I'm pleased with it after 2 and half years of Nokia, but... yes, it's frustrating to feel left of the plans. At least, looking at all the progress made in Android, I feel frustrated.

And I really believe that upgrading a product is way harder than creating a new one fron scratch. Does that mean that, if a new version of Android is released weekly, you'll be releasing a new phone weekly? Sorry, that just doesn't fit.

Anyway, I think the real question is: what do we need to do so you hear us? What will be really necessary for us to get an Android upgrade?

Options

12 Posts

08-06-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 38 of 436

2010-08-17, 20:08 PM

Hi Marcelo,

I really don´t care if they do not intend to upgrade Android for Brazilian devices - when they release the US version I will surely update my phone with this one (If this is possible at all). I really don´t care if there isn´t a "localized" version.

What really upsets me is that Motorola sold a device with a BLUETOOTH THAT DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE ANDROID 1.5 DOES NOT SUPPORT IT. This is totally against Brazilian Laws.

I´ll give Motorola another month. If an upgrade is not available within this deadline, I will resort to the Court so they comply with what they advertise, that is, the device is Bluetooth enabled. If a working Bluetooth on Quench is only possible with an updated SO (that is, Android 2.1), so be it.

Let´s see what happens.

Options

87 Posts

08-12-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 39 of 436

2010-08-17, 21:41 PM

Hi Marcos,

Actually, I don't care about a localized one either, maybe I just expressed myself wrong. What I want is something that works. And works well, if possible. We all know the benefits of Android 2.1 and 2.2. Taking that out of us is just something that is an absurd.

The most impressive is that Motorola keeps the "we're working on it, but we won't promise a thing" talk, and now, they just don't reply. Smart customer relationship management, huh? Probably, they already gave up on it, they just won't tell us.

And surely I will try to upgrade using US version, if there's any.

About the court, I'll be moving towards this one too. They sold something that does not work, and our Customer Defense Code say that it's not a company should do.

Anyway, let's keep on looking at this subject.

Regards

Marcelo

http://www.eopreco.com.br/

Options

53 Posts

08-12-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 40 of 436

2010-08-18, 12:45 PM

The wrost part here is that we even have any information about the possibility of an update. Don't knowing about when we'll get the new version isn't good, but don't even knowing IF we'll get it is just unacceptable.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms