Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveRetired Soak Tests
All Forum Topics
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 1 of 22

Data service -- Web browsing, navigation, streaming media

2011-08-29, 20:23 PM

How is your data?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

295 Posts

05-19-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 22

Re: Data service -- Web browsing, navigation, streaming media

2011-08-30, 10:41 AM

Overall the data connection seems a bit more steady than previous observations, then again this early in the game it could be wishful "seeing". I do notice that the coloration of the 3G UP/DOWN arrows and the signal strength bars do occasionally turn greyish-white from the blue, it still indicates the signal (yes the arrows/bars are a different color from the scale that is already there).

Options

13 Posts

11-01-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 22

2011-08-30, 10:48 AM

From what I can tell so far, i'm running better then before.  Ya i know we are only suposed to post issues. But still i'm just saying.

Options

36 Posts

11-09-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 22

2011-08-30, 14:15 PM

So there is a new Android Widget called "Traffic". I added it to a home screen and it asked for a title and destination, I named it and assumed it mean a destination as in "where I'm going to travel to from my current location". But the widget only shows a traffic light with an exclamation point in it. When you click on it, it goes back to the option to name it and give it a destination. Is it not working or am I missing something?

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 5 of 22

2011-08-30, 14:31 PM

The yellow exclamation point means it can't find the destination you want -- at least that's what it seems like to me. It sometimes gives that even when it offers you an option in response to your entry. But if you get it to match, it will show you minutes of drive time and show different colors based on traffic conditions. It has some weird quirks but I can see it being useful. You can add as many destinations as you want.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

36 Posts

11-09-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 22

2011-08-30, 14:46 PM

Thanks Matt. That's what I thought the exclamation point meant. But I guess that means it can't use your contacts from your phone book as a destination even if you have an address added to it. At least that's what it seems like since I tried using a few different contacts w/addresses on them.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Message 7 of 22

2011-08-30, 15:14 PM

I have found it to be hit-or-miss as well. Even when it offers me a location it sometimes then says it can't find it.

Options

136 Posts

01-24-2015

United States of America

184 Signins

2941 Page Views

• Views: 2941
  • Message 8 of 22

2011-08-30, 17:18 PM

This morning the Android browser FC'ed when I was reading news feeds. I was about to say it has never happened before but now that I think of it, before the update I saw it happen all the time, but it behaves differently now. When I am rapidly switching between the Google news feed and the browser (glancing at news stories and rapidly switching back to the list) the browser USED to FC itself with a message on the screen, and NOW after the update it asks if I want to Force Close or report it.

SO... I guess this is an "improvement" to the crash handling.

Options

105 Posts

03-10-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 22

2011-08-30, 17:36 PM

I've had 3 cases where my 3g signal simply went away. The icon disappeared from the status bar. Applications reported that they were unable to connect.

This was after installing the update and then doing a factory data reset, so I'm sure that data usage was high synching apps that were needed.

In each case power cycling the phone has solved this problem.

Options

29 Posts

09-13-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 22

2011-08-30, 18:27 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this post, but I don't see one for it.  With the visual voicemail app (which may be a Verizon app, not a Moto app?), if my WiFi is on it will sometimes fail to download voicemail messages or will fail to connect to the service.  If I turn off WiFi, this seems to go away.  My sense, though, is that voicemail only downloads across 3G...but I may be wrong.   Perhaps it's an issue with selecting the best route out to the service or something.  BTW, I also have a network extender, and that may be playing a role in this.

One other note on the update to the visual voicemail app: I keep hitting the big green phone button at the bottom (and calling back) instead of the play button to listen to the message.  I will get used to this, so no big deal, but it seems like the play button should be a bit more prominent.

Oh, also, it sure would be nice if there was a button on the visual voicemail message screen to not use bluetooth, like on the phone app.  I don't mean turn BT off, just don't use it to hear this message.  I can't tell you how many times I have to go back to the home screen, turn off BT, then go back to VVM and listen to a message (or use the speaker button) (I leave my BT headset in the car, which is still close enough to my office to connect.)  Again, just a small annoyance...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms