08-16-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 211 of 342

Re: Email, calendars, contacts

2011-05-29, 18:49 PM

Email is much faster and works great.  I had a problem with one of my accounts not showing up in accounts anymore (but the account could still be accessed via the Messaging Applet.)  Fortunately, the mail server went down, I was able to then get to the settings for the mail server and delete the account.  Re-adding the account fixed all the issues.

No problems with Exchange integration, works perfectly so far.

Huge issue with the Sync icon.  It has been on since about 9:30pm friday night (right after the update).  Restart has not fixed it.  I have Facebook, Corp Sync, and a POP email account.  I do NOT have Yahoo as others have suggested may be the issue.  I saw the feedback that stated that the phone may actually be syncing, but the 3G icon showing transferring of data is idle, thus, it is not likely it is syncing.  Also, if it was really syncing, the reset to factory defaults would basically get stuck syncing again when you added the accounts back, which does not happen.  I believe this is really a bug and needs to be addressed.

More issues in other forums...will add them next.

Options

1997 Posts

06-03-2015

USA

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 212 of 342

2011-05-29, 18:55 PM

I did the upgrade followed by a factory reset. Below are comments based on my usagage today. I quicky looked through this thread and hope I'm not repeating known issues.

The conference call information in the calendar is a big plus for me. I don't see this information on the desktop event though. Being able to send contact information, and choosing what is being sent, is another very welcome feature.

In contacts I see some issues. At least one contact had been joined for some reason with another. I don't know if this is a problem from before the upgrade or with the upgrade. In Google Desktop I see "My Contacts" group with 708 contacts but only 627 on my phone. I'm still not clear about groups, should I be seeing on the phone the groups I have set up on the desktop?

I'm using the hotmail exchange service for my msn account. I'm not able to delete email from this account, I delete it on the phone but it stays on the server; it didn't work in Froyo either. Same with my pop email account.

Options

60 Posts

08-16-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 213 of 342

2011-05-29, 18:58 PM

Oops, one more.  The notification green light is now hit or miss.  This worked perfectly before.  When I get a new email from corporate sync, it works sometimes, new emails from my POP account, never.  This is another important feature I hope you have a fix for.

Options

312 Posts

08-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 214 of 342

2011-05-29, 19:06 PM

I don't know if this applies to your account or not - I just have a regular hotmail account and don't know if that is different than what you are referring to below - but there is now a setting that is making this work for my hotmail.

-My Accounts

-Click on hotmail account

-Other Settings

-Check box "Remove manually deleted emails from the server"

In Froyo my mails stayed on the server but with this boxed checked in Gingerbread, it now deletes them. Hope it works for your accounts too since I know how annoying that is.

mgerbasio wrote:

I'm using the hotmail exchange service for my msn account. I'm not able to delete email from this account, I delete it on the phone but it stays on the server; it didn't work in Froyo either. Same with my pop email account.

Options

1097 Posts

07-15-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 215 of 342

2011-05-29, 19:17 PM

I don't understand the logic behind the "back" and "forward" arrow buttons in the Gmail app. This is probably not something Motorola has a hand in, at least I don't think so. Anyhow, when you press what would seem to be the "back" button, it takes you to the next received email, NOT the email that was received just before the current one.

It would seem to make more sense for the traditionally used "forward" button (arrow pointing to the right) to take you to the next, more recent email.

Options

1997 Posts

06-03-2015

USA

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 216 of 342

2011-05-29, 19:48 PM

jpride thanks. That setting isn't available in the exchange email account but I did change it on my pop email. Unfortunately it didn't seem to make a difference.

Options

46 Posts

07-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 217 of 342

2011-05-29, 19:57 PM

Still having problems syncing to exchange 2003 SP2. I have found that contacts work fine. Calendar does funny stuff, item created on phone will sync to exchange, item created on PC will not sync to phone. If item created on phone is deleted on PC it will delete on phone. Email will only work if Sync 1 day is selected, sends email fine. If any other than 1 day is selected there is no email.

Looking for help anywhere I can get it, MOTO deos not seem to want to explore this strange behaviour.

Options

14 Posts

11-22-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 218 of 342

2011-05-29, 19:57 PM

Thanks to all of the users who suggested removing my accounts and then reinstalling them.  I believe my sync icon is now gone (at least it has been for about 20 minutes including after a restart).  It wasn't my Yahoo accounts that were causing the problem, it was my corporate sync account.

I am unable to get my corporate sync set up as a shortcut.  I cannot find it in my app list.

Options

60 Posts

08-16-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 219 of 342

2011-05-29, 20:21 PM

kowta wrote:

Thanks to all of the users who suggested removing my accounts and then reinstalling them.  I believe my sync icon is now gone (at least it has been for about 20 minutes including after a restart).  It wasn't my Yahoo accounts that were causing the problem, it was my corporate sync account.

I am unable to get my corporate sync set up as a shortcut.  I cannot find it in my app list.

Confirmed.  Removing all the email accounts and adding them back in removed the sync icon.

Side Effect:  When adding my exchange account back in, the sync added about 100 emails and took several minutes.  In that time the sync icon did not light up...nor have I ever seen it when syncing anything again.  Even if I go and do a manual sync the icon never shows up.  All in all, I prefer it this way over being on all the time, but there is probably still some issue here.

Options

45 Posts

07-18-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 220 of 342

2011-05-29, 21:37 PM

DX email client still appears to not properly save sent messages correctly when utilizing IMAP. Plus, not sure why the "Trash", "Outbox", and "Sent" folders can't be mapped to the correct IMAP folders similarly to K-9 Mail. IMAP seems like such a basic protocol to support.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete