04-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 281 of 342

Re: Email, calendars, contacts

2011-05-30, 22:16 PM

I think the phone comes with a general facebook and twitter app. So you have those 2, plus the 2 you installed.

tomslick42 wrote:

Sorry if this is already there, but I'm pretty sick this weekend - I can't wrap my head around searching.

When I went to add accounts, I had two Facebook and two Twitter icons - it's not clear which is for what, and the duplication is confusing. When I uninstalled the two apps, the duplicates went away.

*blech* sick sucks

Options

6 Posts

12-10-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 282 of 342

2011-05-30, 23:57 PM

I must say first how escited I am to have the Exchange sync problem fixed! I've been running the native Exchange email side by side with Touchdown and the syncing is nearly instantaneous! In fact on one 3g to Wi-Fi test Touchdown lost sync and the native program held on!

Incoming email size constraints on the Exchange account are a headache. I wish it were possible to allow larger emails to fully download into the inbox. I'm finding that 80% of my work emails are too large and require additional downloading. This added time is annoying as it is a simple setting that Touchdown has incorporated.

Other than that, so far so good...

Options

46 Posts

07-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 283 of 342

2011-05-31, 9:32 AM

I do not see a ahortcut directly to corporate account. Am I missing something?

Options

418 Posts

06-04-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 284 of 342

2011-05-31, 12:16 PM

Has anyone else noticed a lag in deleting their gmail since the update? After reading a gmail, I usually go right back to the inbox. 100% of the time (now) if I have deleted the read gmail it is still there - until I go back a second time

This is a pain in the neck, especially with all these forum emails that look alike. Definitely a new problem.

Options

23 Posts

09-22-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 285 of 342

2011-05-31, 13:41 PM

I'm having more issues with Exchange again.  It up and stopped syncing all together this morning -- connection errors with the account.  I changed nothing, just went to go look at my email which had emptied itself and refused to sync.  I'm the only one having problems at work, so it's not a server issue.  Almost like it corrupted itself.  I removed the account, resetup, and again had issues with it bringing in calendar entries.

Factory reset this morning and setup the account fresh, and still no calendar entries. are being synced in.  Again, i've not had this issue with Froyo and if I try touchdown it works just fine.  I have myself setup as an exception to any policies on the server, so there is nothing there getting in the way.

I will try clearing cache and wiping/resetting from the recovery menu, but i've been down this path before already.

Anyone have any ideas????

Options

49 Posts

03-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 286 of 342

2011-05-31, 15:56 PM

There is a general app (which is okay), but the icons are identical and you cannot select the other ones so you end up with two icons, only one of which you can actually used and which both look official. It's confusing for the general user (heck, it confused me - but I was ill)

Another terrible example is if you have email notifications turned on for Facebook, you end up with THREE notifications when you get a private message. One from GMAIL, one from FACEBOOK, and one from SOCIAL NETWORKING. The same is possible for twitter.

The integration of Facebook and Twitter in the contacts itself workes great, but the rest of the integration is terrible.

mscafidi wrote:

I think the phone comes with a general facebook and twitter app. So you have those 2, plus the 2 you installed.

tomslick42 wrote:

Sorry if this is already there, but I'm pretty sick this weekend - I can't wrap my head around searching.

When I went to add accounts, I had two Facebook and two Twitter icons - it's not clear which is for what, and the duplication is confusing. When I uninstalled the two apps, the duplicates went away.

*blech* sick sucks

Options

16 Posts

12-08-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 287 of 342

2011-05-31, 16:18 PM

Here's a bug that I've read reported on other forums - My Email led green notification light no longer turns on when I receive email. This happens whether my phone screen is off or on and worked prior to they GB update.

Anyone getting this, how do I fix? Please PM if you have more insight.

Thanks,

Options

6 Posts

12-10-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 288 of 342

2011-05-31, 17:03 PM

Contact problems:

Has anyone else seen this? When I select a contact and then select view Facebook profile I get routed to my Facebook profile and not my contacts profile.

Options

1097 Posts

07-15-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 289 of 342

2011-05-31, 17:19 PM

dmadonia wrote:

Contact problems:

Has anyone else seen this? When I select a contact and then select view Facebook profile I get routed to my Facebook profile and not my contacts profile.

I just tried that and I get a different, but still incorrect outcome.

When I click on a contact and click on the Facebook icon, I get a popup window that says "Facebook options" with "View profile" being one of the options (other options are "Send Social Message", "Write on wall", and "Poke"). When I click "View profile" it opens a browser window and takes me to the mobile Facebook home page (http://touch.facebook.com/#!/home.php)

(Actually, I should say, I tried clicking on the Facebook icon and then "View profile" but the browser window opened and nothing happened except for the 3G-1X drop. It just stayed on the page with the URL in the address field but it was not downloading the page. I had to click refresh and still it took several times doing until I got fed up, switched to Airplane mode and then turned Airplane mode off again, then it finally loaded--but the Facebook mobile home page, not the contact's profile page nor my profile page like the problem you had.)

I have the Facebook app installed AND I added Facebook as a Blur account. It should give me a choice whether I want links to activate the Facebook app or use the browser instead.

Options

418 Posts

06-04-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 290 of 342

2011-05-31, 18:55 PM

It's been reported numerous times since the beginning of the Soak Test. Hopefully this one will get noticed and fixed.

Rick

brighterside11 wrote:

Here's a bug that I've read reported on other forums - My Email led green notification light no longer turns on when I receive email. This happens whether my phone screen is off or on and worked prior to they GB update.

Anyone getting this, how do I fix? Please PM if you have more insight.

Thanks,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete