04-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 331 of 342

Re: Email, calendars, contacts

2011-06-02, 18:34 PM

I'm having a terrible time with my contacts and my phone overall after this update.  I have no option whatsoever to link or now "join" any of my contacts together.  Before in Froyo, I had everything set up just the way I wanted.  I was able to merge regular contacts with their Facebook profiles.  I had to do a factory reset due to other glaring bugs in Gingerbread, restored my contacts but now they need to be "joined" again.  I have no option to do it.  And when I go to edit a Facebook contact it tells me "Facebook contact information is not editable on this device".  I don't know what to do.  I am seriously ready to throw this phone out of the window.  I've had an absolutely terrible time with this Gingerbread update that I was so looking forward too. 

Options

55 Posts

04-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 332 of 342

2011-06-02, 21:03 PM

The join/merge option is still there, just moved. For example, if you have a google contact and a facebook contact and you wish to merge them, go to the google contact. Hard press the settings key. Click edit. Hard press the settings key again. Hit join. Sucess. As for not editting facebook contacts, yea you can't which is the reason you have to start at a google contact or even a verizon backup contact.

targetyou wrote:

I'm having a terrible time with my contacts and my phone overall after this update.  I have no option whatsoever to link or now "join" any of my contacts together.  Before in Froyo, I had everything set up just the way I wanted.  I was able to merge regular contacts with their Facebook profiles.  I had to do a factory reset due to other glaring bugs in Gingerbread, restored my contacts but now they need to be "joined" again.  I have no option to do it.  And when I go to edit a Facebook contact it tells me "Facebook contact information is not editable on this device".  I don't know what to do.  I am seriously ready to throw this phone out of the window.  I've had an absolutely terrible time with this Gingerbread update that I was so looking forward too. 

Options

8 Posts

11-21-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 333 of 342

2011-06-02, 22:16 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE the alpha listing down the right side of the screen  in the contacts for quickly getting to a contact.   For me this is GREAT

Options

13 Posts

07-25-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 334 of 342

2011-06-04, 14:59 PM

It's kind of funny and sad that I now have to use Touchdown (also suggested by the corp IT dept) because the "fix" for the provisioning error causes problems with our corp security.  All the suggestions and the pdf showing the setting to make on the Exchange server cause me and the IT dept to spend 2 hours trying to work within the Motorola parameters for the fix.  Touchdown took 5 minutes to download, configur and beging sending and receiving info to my phone.

I hope this helps others who are trying to use the workaround that is posted at Motorola site.

Options

6 Posts

09-24-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 335 of 342

2011-06-04, 16:53 PM

After updating to Gingerbread, I can no longer accept or decline meeting invites in email or calendar. There does not appear to be any option, drop down, etc. to accept or decline. I'm using corporate sync with Exchange. It worked before the update.

Options

35 Posts

05-22-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 336 of 342

2011-06-04, 23:38 PM

I am able to accept meeting request through my corporate sync account.

Open the email, click on the view meeting icon just under the emails subject, scroll to the bottom and choose your response option (tenative, accept, decline, propose new time).

Also, most meeting requests go to your calendar automatically as tenative.  You can open you calendar, find the meeting on the right day, select the appointment, scroll to the bottom and choose your response option

(tenative, accept, decline, propose new time).  This method is more combersome since you have to search on your calendar but it does work.

Options

6 Posts

09-24-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 337 of 342

2011-06-04, 23:49 PM

Brian, thanks. What you described is what I was able to do before the

update. For some reason, I cannot find the accept/decline options in either

the email invite or in the calendar. Strange.

On Jun 4, 2011 7:38 PM, "guard64" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

Options

35 Posts

05-22-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 338 of 342

2011-06-04, 23:55 PM

Have you tried removing your corporate account and re-adding?  Have you factory reset/cache clearing your device since the upgrade?  I know its a pain to redo everything but I had to do that to address other issues I had post upgrade but I had not tested calendar messages prior to the factory reset/cache clearing.

Almost all issue I saw post upgrade were gone after the factory reset/cache clearing.

Options

6 Posts

09-24-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 339 of 342

2011-06-06, 15:04 PM

The first thing I tried was removing the account and adding it. I'm also having issues with pictures not downloading in text messages, so I guess I'll have to try the factory reset.

thanks

Options

13 Posts

02-16-2013

United States

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 340 of 342

2011-06-12, 15:03 PM

Just a little thing. When in gmail, the last message used to have a highlight on the left arrow (so did the first on the right arrow.) That is now gone so you cannot tell.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete