Options

14 Posts

03-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 991 of 998

Re: Everything else -- please post any comments or issue here that don't fit the other threads.

2011-08-04, 0:00 AM

i have the exact same problem. I have double checked my battery saver options so it isnt that

Options

171 Posts

12-17-2008

United States

162 Signins

1173 Page Views

• Views: 1173
  • Message 992 of 998

Re: Everything else -- please post any comments or issue here that don't fit the other threads.

2011-08-04, 0:18 AM

I have this issue when I use either the battery saver mode or the custom battery saver mode.  I have not experienced it while using the performance mode...

Options

21 Posts

04-19-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 993 of 998

2011-08-04, 2:03 AM

I haven't even thought about the battery mode.  I'll check it.  Thanks.

Options

56 Posts

04-11-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 994 of 998

2011-08-06, 5:17 AM

Well... I performed a factory reset and a battery pull.  After doing so, this is my list of all the things that are still flakey with my Droid X:

Notification lights never work correctly - they're either working intermittently or never.  I never get the missed call notification light.  3rd party apps approach the problem but don't completely solve it.

The back-lit hard keys stay continuously lit or continuously off, apparently depending on the phone's mood on restart.

Intermittant 3G connectivity problems, even in areas of high signal strength.

I purchased 2 of these things for my wife and myself, banking on the fact that the maker of the RAZR (of which I also bought 2) would keep their high quality standards in place-for both hardware AND software.  Man am I sorely dissapointed.  I am about 7 months into a 2-year agreement with Verizon...  That, along with the fact that the Corporate Sync email problems were ironed out, is what's keeping me from throwing this thing into the municipal water supply via toilet.  Your guys are making HTC look like a better investment every day.

No offense to you or your co-workers in support and no offense to Motorola's hardware development team(s), but without good and flexable software, excellent hardware doesn't mean anything.  This software doesn't even measure up to adequate and makes an excellent phone barely usable.

Saying this, I have a few questions:

Does Motorola actually accept that these are legitimate problems, even in the light of Verizon apparently putting a hold on Motorola updates?

If they are accepted as legitimate problems, are these problems happening to Xs universally or only on particular Droid X production runs?

If they are happening universally, what is Motorola's detailed plan to address those problems?

If they only effect certain production runs, which runs are they and will there be a way to swap them out with Droid Xs that are not from those defective runs?

Now, I fully understand that those questions might not be ones that you can answer.  However, Corporate needs to be made aware that users-users who have been devoted to Motorola for a long time-are asking those questions and they need to be answered quickly.  Time has run out for them and they can-and will-lose us forever.  I know that they are aware of the fact that it takes more money to lure a new customer than it does to keep an old one.

Options

56 Posts

04-11-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 995 of 998

2011-08-06, 5:18 AM

[Steps off soap box]

Options

418 Posts

06-04-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 996 of 998

2011-08-06, 16:41 PM

I assume these are just rhetorical questions? There is no way any Moto employee would answer these based on what we have seen for the last 10 weeks!. I have even tries the guilt provoking lines you did in your last paragraph, and just the crickets responded.

jbeyer73 wrote:

<snip>

Saying this, I have a few questions:

Does Motorola actually accept that these are legitimate problems, even in the light of Verizon apparently putting a hold on Motorola updates?

If they are accepted as legitimate problems, are these problems happening to Xs universally or only on particular Droid X production runs?

If they are happening universally, what is Motorola's detailed plan to address those problems?

If they only effect certain production runs, which runs are they and will there be a way to swap them out with Droid Xs that are not from those defective runs?

Now, I fully understand that those questions might not be ones that you can answer.  However, Corporate needs to be made aware that users-users who have been devoted to Motorola for a long time-are asking those questions and they need to be answered quickly.  Time has run out for them and they can-and will-lose us forever.  I know that they are aware of the fact that it takes more money to lure a new customer than it does to keep an old one.

Options

21 Posts

04-19-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 997 of 998

2011-08-06, 19:40 PM

Send you questions to Matt directly.  I sent him a message and received a response within a few days.

Options

56 Posts

04-11-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 998 of 998

2011-08-08, 4:56 AM

You hit the nail on the head, they are rhetorical. Mainly just a summarization of the most commonly occurring problems faced by GB users.  I regret I left out the random reboots.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete