Older Devices ArchiveRetired Soak Tests
All Forum Topics
Options

30 Posts

09-27-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 631 of 998

Re: Everything else -- please post any comments or issue here that don't fit the other threads.

2011-05-31, 13:15 PM

Not sure if anyone else has reported this here (I wish there was an easy way to search within this forum only) but I am having a small yet tedious issue. I use my phone a lot in my car through the car dock and plug it to my car stereo through  the AUX connection. Whenever I undock my phone and disconnect the AUX connection, the speakerphone icon is lit up in the notifications bar and whenever a call is made/received, the speakerphone option is enabled. Not only do I rarely use the speakerphone option, I just hate to have unnecessary icons in the notifications bar. I have searched but cannot find this as an option anywhere which makes me believe this may be unintentional. Can you help me address this?

A couple of notes. First, I don't use the Cardock. Instead I use Dock Nothingness to disable the Cardock altogether. (Rant: I actually wish I could disable the Cardock icon as well. If the application is not running, why have the icon pop up anyway?) I also use the Toggle Settings app to create profiles and a rule specifically for when I dock my phone in the car. This way I can change the media volume and enable GPS, etc.

I doubt either of these apps are the reason the issue comes up but I mention them in case other people use the Cardock but do not have this issue.

Options

14 Posts

04-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 632 of 998

Re: Everything else -- please post any comments or issue here that don't fit the other threads.

2011-05-31, 13:17 PM

I too am having this same issue with the phone getting warm.  Almost the same identical battery usage stat as well.  With this warming thing, the back-lit buttons and the terrible lag, I'm just having a rough time with this update so far.

Options

30 Posts

09-27-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 633 of 998

2011-05-31, 13:18 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that I was on the original GB leak and the issue first appeared then. Although I looked for a solution then too, I did not worry too much since I hoped the issue would be corrected by the official release.

Again, hope I can get some assistance from anyone.

Options

11 Posts

12-08-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 634 of 998

2011-05-31, 13:52 PM

Another issue I have is with the stock alarm/timer. When using the timer, it never completely stops, leaving 00:00:01. I have had to go in to the running applications to kill it every time.

Options

1097 Posts

07-15-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 635 of 998

2011-05-31, 13:53 PM

I like the idea behind the new "Profiles" feature. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to have the sounds for one profile, say for work, be silent and on vibrate, and have the home profile sound be loud.

Am I missing something?

The idea for having different profiles can't just be to hide NSF wallpapers and switch to safer ones when you are at work.

Seriously though, being able to save different sound settings with the different profiles would seem like it would be a key to people actually using this feature. Being able to switch from a home profile where my sounds are loud so I can hear my phone to one where the sounds are silent while I'm at work or at a movie theater without having to go to the sound setting each time and risk forgetting to change it back and receiving an annoying alert sound while at work or in a movie theater would be great.

What would also be great would be to bring back the pre-Froyo feature where when you pressed the volume down rocker button it would cycle the volume from high to low to vibrate to off. Sometimes, users want their phones on vibrate and other times they want them completely off. Being able to change these settings without having to go to the Settings menu, then Sound, and changing to Silent mode and selecting a Vibrate feature (only in Silent mode vs. Always vs. Never vs. Only when not in Silent mode) would be great.

Please bring this volume rocker feature back. Don't take away features unless users don't want them. For example, why take away the ISO setting on the camera? Because some users don't use them? Well, others might. I mean, if you go by this logic, then why not take out all of the bloat VZW apps or allow users to uninstall them? Right?

Options

1097 Posts

07-15-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 636 of 998

2011-05-31, 14:13 PM

One other thing about the "Profiles"... if you have one profile set up with all sorts of social networking widgets, news widgets, and any other widgets that are pulling and being pushed data updates and then you switch to another profile that has no widgets, are the widgets in the first profile still pulling and being pushed data updates even when you're not in that profile?

If so, there should be a way to not have widgets in an inactive profile use data.

Oh, and there should be a way to have different wireless settings for the different profiles. I use Wi-Fi at home but not at work. If I switch from my home profile to my work one, I would want the Wi-Fi connection to be closed. As it stands now, whatever wireless connections and settings you have in one profile is what you will have when you switch to another one. If I wanted Bluetooth on when using a "Car" profile, but off when I switch to "Work", I'm stuck with it on and having to manually turn it off. Not very convenient.

Options

36 Posts

03-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 637 of 998

2011-05-31, 14:24 PM

Afterm the update; many of my Home Screen icon had changed to a default icon.  I had to re-boot my Droid X to get the icons to refreash to the app/widget's icon.

I had to reconfigure my battery monitor widget and re-boot my Droid X again to get this icon to work properly.

Thanks,

Larry

Options

139 Posts

09-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 638 of 998

2011-05-31, 14:28 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) wrote:

Is that the only app with this issue?

ImRich wrote:

I hope this hasn't been reported yet.

I was testing with the speedtest.net app (version 2.0.3)

It works...

But when I long press my home key, and then select the the speedtest icon to relaunch speedtest. The phone reports: "Application is not installed on your phone"

Note the app works fine otherwise.

I don't know what changed, but a long press of the home key now will bring up the speedtest app just fine.

I don't remember clearing any cache or changing settings.

Options

46 Posts

07-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 639 of 998

2011-05-31, 14:32 PM

VPN for Cisco concentrator that uses group authentication. Does this work now?

Options

86 Posts

09-02-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 640 of 998

2011-05-31, 14:43 PM

ImRich wrote:

I don't know what changed, but a long press of the home key now will bring up the speedtest app just fine.

I don't remember clearing any cache or changing settings.

I tested this with k-9 mail as someone reported this app as an issue too.  It comes up just fine for me in both the stock launcher and in launcher pro.  Market is ok too.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete