Older Devices ArchiveRetired Soak Tests
All Forum Topics
Options

51 Posts

04-20-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 771 of 998

Re: Everything else -- please post any comments or issue here that don't fit the other threads.

2011-06-01, 19:38 PM

jkmasi wrote:

the_chemist wrote:

jkmasi wrote:

Not sure where to post this... there are suddenly three wiggly lines next to my 3g icon in the notification bar. They are vertical and I've never seen them before. Anyone?

Those tell you that your phone is on vibrate.

Chris

Thanks! I figured this out after a little looking! Now I feel silly... oh well!

Don't feel silly.  I thought my phone was telling me I needed bacon and I was all like, "You really are a smart phone!"

Options

418 Posts

06-04-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 772 of 998

Re: Everything else -- please post any comments or issue here that don't fit the other threads.

2011-06-01, 19:49 PM

Keyboard issue has been brought up numerous times via this soak test, but I don't believe this has been acknowledged as a bug by Moto yet.

Be fully aware of the downside of doing a factory reset, and be sure it will fix your issue before you dive into it. It may be more hassle than it is worth, and may not repair your problems. It is not neccessarily a "Magic Pill".

crankycronk wrote:

Has anyone else had issues with the keyboard where if you hold the "." Key the pop up menu for punctuation doesn't line up properly to where you have to touch screen to make it work.  Thinking of doing factory restore to see if issues clear up but nervous if that may further problems.

Keep watching, as I believe it probably is a big enough issue that it will be addressed one way or the other.

Options

46 Posts

07-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 773 of 998

2011-06-01, 19:56 PM

I am sorry you feel the need to say this. The vast majority of soak issues

were resolved by us non Motorola folks talking to each other, not the

Motorola Technical team.

On Jun 1, 2011 2:14 PM, "Buffalo" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

Options

418 Posts

06-04-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 774 of 998

2011-06-01, 19:57 PM

Thanks for the info. I just found the APP ... it's actually called "Z-Device Test" (free if you don't mind the ads).

I am headed to my download now to play aeound with this new APP!

shredde wrote:

This update breaks the X's accelerometer and compass functions.  Any apps relying on these sensors will not work reliably with this build.

It's difficult (read: wordy) to explain, but if you try apps like google sky map - or google map - and move the phone through all it's axis you will see this.  (ZDevice is a free app that makes it very easy to see the bugs)

Also, the bug behaves differently when the phone is in landscape as it does when in portrait - but neither way works correctly.  You get different bugs.

To me, this is a hugh bug - it removes functionality of two important sensors that worked with Froyo.

Not sure if contributing the following is helpful, but will report in case it is:  This bug existed in all the leaked versions of GB so far (.588, .591, .595 and now 596 )  and has been reported by many is "those" forums as well.  Flashing back to Froyo fixes the problem, and reflashing GB reintroduces it.  Someone had said that these sensors have been recoded with GB, they must have used a device that had different hardware than the X?  And didn't realize what they were breaking?

I'm sure it can be fixed, but it looks like this problem is not getting acknowledged?

Options

418 Posts

06-04-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 775 of 998

2011-06-01, 19:59 PM

I'm not convinced this is true, especially the need to do a factory reset.

keithfaber wrote:

I am sorry you feel the need to say this. The vast majority of soak issues

were resolved by us non Motorola folks talking to each other, not the

Motorola Technical team.

On Jun 1, 2011 2:14 PM, "Buffalo" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

Options

51 Posts

04-20-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 776 of 998

2011-06-01, 20:00 PM

mgerbasio wrote:

mr.hales wrote:

I have not noticed the battery life.  I tend to kill my battery very fast most of the time.  I'm almost always on auto-brightness, usually have Bluetooth and GPS on (forget to turn them off), and tend to do a lot of data moving or high graphics output stuff (surfing across four tabs or gaming).

I have noticed, however, that my phone does seem a bit warm.  It is in a case (the hard shell/holster combo) but I only usually noticed warmth like this when playing 3D action games.  My phone was warming up while reading email (hundreds and hundreds of them, courtesy my fellow soakers).  Not hot, mind you, but definitely warm.

I think Auto-Brightness would be better if it was user tunable. Generally I find the screen is too bright. I use the auto setting because I'm inside/outside most of the day.

As for the phone being warm, I have the same issue where generally it is warmer than before.

Agreed.  I would like to be able to set the minimum auto-dim to the lowest setting.  I would like my phone to notice I'm using it in total darkness and to turn all the way down.  I would also like my phone to notice it is high noon.

The problem with auto is that it can never reach the extremes.  I want the lowest lows and the highest highs and I want it to happen automagically.  Or at least have the option to choose my own range.  A lot of people might like to set it from "barely on" to "just visible in the shade" to really stretch that battery.

I do hope that at least one dev from Google has been watching all of this play out.  I think a large majority of the individuals here have had some great ideas, observations, and suggestions.

Seriously, to both Moto and G, we are the public and are your greatest asset and ally.

Listen to us.

Options

46 Posts

07-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 777 of 998

2011-06-01, 20:04 PM

Been running great for 3 days now. I just decided to take the plunge!

On Jun 1, 2011 3:32 PM, "mr.hales" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

Options

46 Posts

07-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 778 of 998

2011-06-01, 20:10 PM

It may not be. People who have no problems do not need to reset, however it

seems to fix some of the crazy issues a phone may have

On Jun 1, 2011 3:59 PM, "Buffalo" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

Options

312 Posts

08-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 779 of 998

2011-06-01, 20:15 PM

This won't solve the auto-brightness issue, which I also agree with, but in case it may be useful to anyone - I use a free app call Screen Filter that allows you to manually adjust brightness all the way down to complete darkness. I find this app very usefull at night when the lowest Moto setting is still too bright for me. If you use this app be carefull to pay attention to how low you are setting it (there is text on the screen to guide you) because if you set it too low to see the screen you will need to do a battery pull.

mr.hales wrote:

Agreed.  I would like to be able to set the minimum auto-dim to the lowest setting.  I would like my phone to notice I'm using it in total darkness and to turn all the way down.  I would also like my phone to notice it is high noon.

The problem with auto is that it can never reach the extremes.  I want the lowest lows and the highest highs and I want it to happen automagically.  Or at least have the option to choose my own range.  A lot of people might like to set it from "barely on" to "just visible in the shade" to really stretch that battery.

I do hope that at least one dev from Google has been watching all of this play out.  I think a large majority of the individuals here have had some great ideas, observations, and suggestions.

Seriously, to both Moto and G, we are the public and are your greatest asset and ally.

Listen to us.

Options

49 Posts

03-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 780 of 998

2011-06-01, 20:19 PM

Searching the forums is useless. The search is TERRIBLE, so I can't tell if this has been out there.

I've seen my speakerphone get activated several times now. What's interesting is I wasn't even THINKING of using my phone, it just wakes up with the speakerphone activated. I then have to place a call to someone/some number to deactivate it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete