Older Devices ArchiveRetired Soak Tests
All Forum Topics
Options

35 Posts

02-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 981 of 998

Re: Everything else -- please post any comments or issue here that don't fit the other threads.

2011-07-12, 6:03 AM

Ok, I think it is time for me to depart from Motorola and the next step will be from Verizon. As each week passes my X becomes less and less stable. Now, I am not even able to text or email because when I do, the keyboard crashes and when i get it to come back, the cursor and display are completely out of whack that it has gotten to the point, I have to get on my computer to respond to emails or take 10 minutes to write a 5 word response to a text because I have to guess what I am typing. There is no water damage, pressure damage or anything of the sort. I baby my phones because it is the only phone I have. (no home phone)

So, at this point, I know that I will get the run around from Verizon and probably not be able to do anything about it, but as I have mentioned in other posts, I think it is ridiculous that I have to return my second droid x under warranty, and have been through 4 motorola phones in less than 3 years... I am not sure if this keyboard problem is specific to the soak or not, but at one point, it was long threaded texts or emails that this would happen on and it would be occasionally...now, it happens just about anytime I hit the space bar on the screen.

So as a run down since the soak

1. stability issue with random restarts

2. music player crashes regularly when not multitasking

3. Phone locking up about every other time I put it in a media dock

4. Randomly working LED notifications. (about 0 led notification on missed call)

5. Keyboard successively getting worse about crashing so responding to texts or emails via my phone have become a burden

6. Non-functioning screen while charging

7. Gallery doesn't load properly after taking a picture

These are all I can remember off the top of my head but also, these are bugs that occur on a daily basis or very regular basis. I did not witness any of these prior to soak, but again, since this is my second droid x and 4th motorola phone in about 3 years, I have to wonder how a HTC Tilt was more stable and functionally reliable than a modern smartphone.

Options

35 Posts

02-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 982 of 998

Re: Everything else -- please post any comments or issue here that don't fit the other threads.

2011-07-12, 6:07 AM

Hey Scuff2,

I have been having the exact same problem. Started about 5 days ago and is getting worse day by day. I can't even respond to an email from my phone anymore. I have done everything short of a factory reset. And I am reluctant to do that because what if i do it, have to go through setting my phone back up and it doesnt rectify anything?

If you find a cure, please let me know

Options

113 Posts

01-10-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 983 of 998

2011-07-12, 10:58 AM

My keyboard adds random words when I space twice at the end of a sentence to add the period and start a new sentence. I have to be very careful as the texts and emails that I send make no sense with the additional random words.

The Droid X is now pretty much unusable and extremely unreliable. I said I wouldn't do it, but it may be time to jump ship go over to Sprint, since they still have unlimited data which Verizon just took away. 

Even if the rumors are true and an update for the Droid X is forthcoming, there is no way all the multitude of problems caused by Motorola's version of Gingerbread will be rectified.

My Droid X has at LEAST all of the problems listed by "sirskankindj" above plus many more not listed.

Sprint is looking pretty good right now with their HTC, and unlimited data that Verizon took away!

Options

79 Posts

11-23-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 984 of 998

2011-07-12, 12:26 PM

Hey guys. Until you actually switch phones try a cache clear, followed by a factory reset, then another cache clear. That made my phone slightly more usable. At least till my contracts up.

For more info check out d.harris post about the dark side of gingerbread. His thread is amazing with how tools etc.

SS

Options

13 Posts

09-07-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 985 of 998

2011-07-12, 14:53 PM

I had to reset the phone which meant reinstalling all my apps, losing text conversations and now having to fix all my contacts. Relinking contacts is more of a chore with the new software so that's been the biggest pain.

At least I can text again...for now.

Options

13 Posts

09-07-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 986 of 998

2011-07-12, 14:56 PM

That's what it took to get my phone working again but it's a pain to get everything back to working order...such as contacts.

Options

37 Posts

01-16-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 987 of 998

2011-07-12, 15:37 PM

I've listed numerous issues since the soak of GB.  I also have the problem where the double-space that's supposed to put a period at the end of a sentence, now, instead adds random words, so I have to be careful when using the double-space or just do it the old fashioned way of pushing the period button and adding a space.  Anyway, a shortcut now does the wrong things and is defective.

Another thing that has stop working is the lock, where I used to have to swype the lock when I'd first bring the phone up from sleeping, (the phone that is).  The phone is always unlocked which causes all kinds of unhappiness when reaching for in it my pocket our when it accidentally gets rubed.  When it's been asleep and I hit the home button, for about a tenth of a second I see the locked phone and then it unlocks by itself.  Sometimes, simply brushing the screen will wake it up in an unlocked condition.

The end call button does not always work when the called party does not hang up such as when reaching an answering machine or when receiving an automated telemarketing call.  I have to quick hit the power button on the top.

I've been reading the threads and find it curious that many of us have different and unique problems.  It's obvious that the new software has some obvious glitches where it's easily corrupted by normal day to day use.  I have to ask myself if any of the software engineers actually used the GB for any length of time prior to the soak?

Maybe I've missed something, but it would have been nice if someone from Motorola had addressed this group at least with an acknowledgement of our issues.  I thought that was the purpose of our group's test - to see if there were any bugs in the new software.

Options

21 Posts

04-19-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 988 of 998

2011-08-03, 23:30 PM

Since the update, my phone seems to loose the connection to 3G, especially at night.  I frequently wake to find that I have no 3G connection and that my email and Facebook won't connect.  I have also had trouble sending texts.  If the text is not sent, I have to power off the phone and then restart it.  The text will then go through.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Options

42 Posts

10-18-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 989 of 998

2011-08-03, 23:48 PM

msseve wrote:

Since the update, my phone seems to loose the connection to 3G, especially at night.  I frequently wake to find that I have no 3G connection and that my email and Facebook won't connect.  I have also had trouble sending texts.  If the text is not sent, I have to power off the phone and then restart it.  The text will then go through.  Any ideas?  Thanks

The idea? Buy an HTC, this update has [removed], and with a locked bootloader we are stuck with it. With HTC if they DID stick us with [removed] software we could fix it ourselves, but with Moto [removed]. Pretty weak. Everytime i unlock my phone there is about a %10 it would be totaly unresponsive unless the battery is pulled. and when rebooted there is about a 25% chance that it will boot up and be usable without another battery pull. And then IF i unlock my phone successfully, there is about another 30% chance if I try to actually make a call that the phone will just hang up after 1 second requiring a(or multiple) reboot(s) or not have any data connection  b/c of the 3g/wifi bug causeing 3g to not connect without a (or multiple) reboot(s).

soooo, whenever I go to use my phone there is an over-all chance of about 5% that it will do what I want/need it to do, and a 95% change it will take 5 minutes or more to make a simple phone call or get the gps/maps up.U

UNACCEPTABLE. I will never buy another moto phone again.

Edited for inappropriate language – please keep this conversation civil and family-friendly and follow our site rules.

Message was edited by: Matt (Forums Manager)

Options

5 Posts

01-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 990 of 998

2011-08-03, 23:59 PM

This soak was the best thing that ever happened to my phone. I got fed up in less than a week and rooted and rom'ed it. Couldn't be happier now.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete