Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveRetired Soak Tests
All Forum Topics
Options

58 Posts

07-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 11 of 53

Re: Exchange setup issue when no SSL required - Please read, test and provide feedback

2010-07-28, 19:20 PM

Francois,

I apologize, but I will not be able to get the firewall changes made until next week.

I will follow up as soon after I have made the firewall changes and tested the self-signed certificate.

Thanks,
Dave

Options

6 Posts

07-27-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 53

Re: Exchange setup issue when no SSL required - Please read, test and provide feedback

2010-07-28, 22:13 PM

Unfortunately, I am not having much in the way of luck.  Because of the whole front-end/back-end thing, and the fact that our FE server is covered 10 ways to tuesday by an ISA server, we cannot enable ssl on the back end or all smartphone users on the server get "Service Unavailable" (I am guessing this is because they connect through http, not https.  It was funny though.  The DroidX actually authenticated and made it all ready to sync, but when it started to sync, the front end server popped up with

"The mailbox server [Backend.domain.local] has its [exchange] virtual directory set to require SSL.  Exchange ActiveSync cannot access the server if SSL is set to be required.  For information about how to correctly configure Exchange virtual directory settings, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 817379, "Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL or forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003""

I know this is kinda disjointed and hard to understand.  Its been a long day.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Options

107 Posts

07-19-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 53

2010-07-29, 2:13 AM

My corporate sync just stopped working.  It went from showing me, haphazardly anyway, the little blue arrows to the orange caution sign in the bar and only says connection error.  No idea why.  I asked our network admin what changed and he said nothing on the server side.  Good thing I did not get rid of Touchdown and that is now back up and running. 

This whole thing is becoming really not worth it.  I am wasting an inordinant amount of time with this thing that should have just worked.  The sad thing is when it did work, the omissions mentioned in an earlier post were pretty big like; no ability to search and no copy/paste.  Really moronic at this stage of the smartphone game.

Options

107 Posts

07-19-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 53

2010-07-29, 13:10 PM

Rumors are that the Android OS 2.2 is coming out next week for the Droid family, including the Droid X.  Is this true?  Will this be fixed in the OS update?  It really would be nice if this was communicated.

Options

11 Posts

07-16-2010

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 15 of 53

2010-07-29, 14:07 PM

+1 on a formal announcement of the Froyo release.  I'm hearing August 6th, but confirmation would be appreciated.  This would put a lot of users at ease.

Options

10 Posts

07-27-2010

3 Signins

33 Page Views

• Message 16 of 53

2010-07-29, 15:43 PM

Francois:

I have a self-signed certificate in place now. I'll need to disrupt my users as little as possible, however...I hope to report my setup results within a day or so.

Options

6 Posts

07-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 17 of 53

2010-07-30, 2:36 AM

Mod,

I understand this may not be the appropriate thread, however I was hoping for solutions for those of us who do require SSL but cannot connect at all.

I'll explain my scenario one more time and hope that some of the proposed 'work around's' for those of us suffering from issues undoubtedly phone related, and are not server settings and or user input error.

Exchange 2003 SP2

SSL required

Active Sync not used

Login attempts using known valid settings receive 'Login to the account failed, please try again.'

I agree with many of the posters in the generic thread related to this issue that time is/has run(ing) out on a fix for this issue.

Options

164 Posts

07-23-2010

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 18 of 53

2010-07-30, 11:52 AM

Hi victrolacola,

How did it go for you?

Thanks,

Francois

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:43 PM, victrolacola <

Options

107 Posts

07-19-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 53

2010-07-30, 12:33 PM

Hello Francois,

I told you how everything went for me.

Told you how my IT guy got it to work (he took the time out to write what he did to try and help others here); no response

Told you how it just stopped working; no repsonse

Asked when a fix is coming; no response

Asked when 2.2 is coming; no response and btw, HTC seems to be on the ball and COMMUNICATING the release of 2.2 on multiple handsets in the next week.  Thanks MOTO!

See a pattern?

Touchdown is now my only "reliable" option and that wonderful program freezes my X multiple times a day.

Please take the email program from HTC or Apple and add it to the X.

I have real severe buyers remorse right now.

Sorry for the rant, but I am really frustrated and have wasted far too much time on something that should have just WORKED.

Options

1028 Posts

07-16-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 20 of 53

2010-07-30, 13:07 PM

When are we going to start discussing what we can do as individual phone owners to get sync working?  To me it is absurd to try to assume that companies will change their Exchange Server settings to accommodate a poor software implementation on the part of Motorola.  It is Motorola's responsibility to make the software work with the servers NOT the other way around.  If I can connect using the old email.apk as well as Touchdown then it is obvious where the problem is.  Why are we fooling around with Exchange Server settings?  Maybe I'm missing something but to me this is an absolute waste of time when the problem is obviously on the phone itself.

Can someone from Motorola please explain the logic of having remote server settings modified?

I'm very confused and getting angrier by the day.

Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms