Options

48 Posts

11-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 71 of 76

Re: Motorola Widget comments (Social Networking, Contact quick tasks, etc.)

2011-05-30, 15:51 PM

Could not stick with Motoblur, mainly because I need a scrollable photo contacts widget. I never use social networking widgets - just shorcuts, or messaging widgets, so I can't comment on those.

Options

16 Posts

12-01-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 72 of 76

2011-05-31, 3:47 AM

Got some tutorials on how all the new blur features have been changed to work "better?"  I would like to understand how this is supposed to make it easier to manage all this contact and content coming at me.  Do I have any control over it?

Options

46 Posts

07-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 73 of 76

2011-05-31, 9:30 AM

Contact Quick Task widget does funny things with the picture. Photo off center, top cut off, it depends on what size you make the widget.

Options

25 Posts

12-15-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 74 of 76

2011-05-31, 12:58 PM

Which Facebook widget are you looking at.  I don't see any scrollable widgets, but that sounds cool.

Options

26 Posts

12-02-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 75 of 76

2011-05-31, 14:35 PM

keithfaber wrote:

Contact Quick Task widget does funny things with the picture. Photo off center, top cut off, it depends on what size you make the widget.

Yes I have also noticed that the words for mobile or text are like looking at double vision and I have to try and resize it to make it go back to normal

Options

49 Posts

03-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 76 of 76

2011-05-31, 16:08 PM

After using only the included apps for social networking for the last two days (I removed the Twitter and Facebook apps completely - HURRAH!) I can say that the Universal Inbox is great, but a little clunky. The system works well, makes is almost easy to identify where messages come from (SMS messages show up with an envelope, which is typically used for EMAIL). There is very little control in terms of preferences.

The Social Networking app is almost good. The idea is great, because I really don't want to deal with Facebook's crap application. They keep adding all this terrible stuff, and the Social Networking app if AWESOME for just seeing what's important to you.

- it seems to filter out all application postings - this is AWESOME. I'm constantly fighting with the facebook page and app to get rid of all the garbage postings, and this does it for me.

- all status updates in one place - AWESOME

DISLIKES:

- it doesn't seem to catch everything from people - checkins specifically - which may be apps.

- it wastes much of the screen real estate with blank areas. I understand the need for some whitespace, but about 40% of the screen is whitespace.

- no settings of any kind, really. Font-size? Show Images? Dead-space adjustment?

- the text alignment around the images squashes the text - it should either flow around the pictures or at least be justified UNDER the images, which would make for a bit more white-space between messages, but fit more text overall.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete