Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveRetired Soak Tests
All Forum Topics
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2591 Signins

65258 Page Views

• Views: 65258
  • Message 1 of 75

Speed, on-screen control and responsiveness - post here

2011-08-29, 20:27 PM

General speed, responsiveness, lag, etc.

On-screen control and responsiveness could include:

• Unlocking phone (pattern lock, slider lock, passcode)
  • Phone Answering
  • Phone Dialing
  • Touch screen responsiveness
  • Virtual keypad

Post your thoughts about these aspects of your updated Droid 2 here.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

295 Posts

05-19-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 75

Re: Speed, on-screen control and responsiveness - post here

2011-08-30, 4:55 AM

Seems that the overall responsiveness of the device as far as unlock and screen transitions has been improved. I do notice that the "long press" on a free area of the wallpaper to open the sub-menu is hit and miss. I get the haptic feedback, then nothing happens.

Options

15 Posts

06-21-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 75

2011-08-30, 7:06 AM

I also had problems with "long press", menu scrolling and application refresh (closing it for a moment then re-opening). I restarted my phone and now all three are working perfectly! (It was even a soft-restart, not a battery pull!) Phone dialing has improved but my phone answering has stuttered a little but I have yet to try it since the restart.

Options

13 Posts

11-01-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 75

2011-08-30, 11:05 AM

I have not as of yet noticed the issues stated above.  So far Long Press and menu scrolling along with appication refresh have all been spot on since the upgrade.  I havn't had the need to restart my phone as of yet.

Options

18 Posts

01-19-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 75

2011-08-30, 12:20 PM

Was hoping a soft reset and battery pull would fix this but...nope. Touch screen is all over the charts...one second it is spot on, then the next move sends it either scrolling out of control, the lovely blue insertion pointer plops itself far away from where I tap, closing apps, doubling letters when I type (physical keyboard is doing it too). I use a pin to lock the device and it doesn't take the pin (yes...I do know my own pin). I have to enter it three time or more to unlock the device. Even using the phone to type this...the left to right scrolling is literally beyond my control, it scrolls itself side to side but not in conjunction with what I am doing...and when I can manage to get it to work a little, after a few letters, it has a mind of its own again. <sigh>

Options

29 Posts

06-15-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 75

2011-08-30, 13:00 PM

Had to remove and replace calendar widget so it would display correctly.  It also seemed to correct the screen press issues I was having w/ the previous version.  It seems to be working very smooth.

Options

14 Posts

11-23-2010

United States

4 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 7 of 75

2011-08-30, 13:54 PM

Screen rotation is a little sluggish.  Overall the update is nice and seems to move along nicely. 

Options

36 Posts

11-09-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 75

2011-08-30, 14:23 PM

My phone keeps popping up a message "Wallpaper Updated". Any time I leave an app by using the home button, the message pops up. When I put the phone on the media dock, I get the message. When I remove it from the dock, I get the message. When I unlock the phone I ger the message. I get the message way too much. My home screen wallpaper is not changing, its been the same since before the pdate. What's the deal? I am using photo from my download gallery as the wallpaper. 

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2591 Signins

65258 Page Views

• Views: 65258
  • Message 9 of 75

2011-08-30, 14:40 PM

Can you try switching to a different wallpaper to see if it's something related to that specific one?

mephisto613 wrote:

My phone keeps popping up a message "Wallpaper Updated". Any time I leave an app by using the home button, the message pops up. When I put the phone on the media dock, I get the message. When I remove it from the dock, I get the message. When I unlock the phone I ger the message. I get the message way too much. My home screen wallpaper is not changing, its been the same since before the pdate. What's the deal? I am using photo from my download gallery as the wallpaper. 

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

3 Posts

06-23-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 75

2011-08-30, 15:34 PM

I agree about the screen rotation speed.  Also, not sure about others, but for the past few months my phone, opening any application, has gotten slower and slower to the point where I would expect a FC for just about anything.  The reboots were daily, sometimes several times a day.

Got the update this morning on my way to work and _seems_ ok for now.  Haptic feedback was turned off from the start, which was weird, but obviously fixable.  I have not seen a marked improvement in speed.  Indeed I have actually had several FCs on NitroDesk Touchdown, but after about 3-4, they have gone away also.  Not sure if the D2 is "learning" how the application works and is adjusting something, or what.

Added Corporate Sync to compare speed to Touchdown.  Initial thoughts were it wasn't working as it wasn't updating immediately, but has since started getting updates when new mail arrives (comparing to outlook on my desktop), so speed has "adjusted" again...

just some observations.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms