Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveRetired Soak Tests
All Forum Topics
Options

102 Posts

11-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 61 of 77

Re: Waiting for update, got my update, cool stuff in the update -- any non-issue discusssion

2011-08-30, 23:18 PM

Houston, we have lift off! I waited all night and most of today for a notification - nothing. Then I decided to check my minutes in 'My Verizon'.  The next thing I knew, I got a notice that an update was available and did I want it? Silly question!

It took approximately 10 minutes for download and installation. I used 3g - my wifi connection was weak.

Now I need to reboot my phone and make a list of things that puzzled me after installation. :-)

Options

87 Posts

07-17-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 62 of 77

Re: Waiting for update, got my update, cool stuff in the update -- any non-issue discusssion

2011-08-30, 23:57 PM

I'm really digging quite a few things about this update.  I like the new color scheme a lot, and the letters to the right hand side of the contacts list is very helpful.  I was having issues with continual reboots to the Droid eye, but after doing a factory data reset, I'm no longer having any issues.  I feel like my phone starts and turns off much faster, and everything just feels more thought out.  Props to Motorola.

Options

3 Posts

12-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 63 of 77

2011-08-31, 1:45 AM

Download and install took about 5 minutes (3G).  Reboot was extended, but whatever.  So far I love it.  The haptic feedback issue--GONE.  Thank God.  It made me mental.  The camera zoom thingie on the screen is GREAT.  Everything seems to be quicker.  No stuttering when I unlock the screen.  Sound is great.  It looks better, too.  Each thing I open is a surprise, so it's fun, too.

Options

1321 Posts

06-05-2010

United States

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 64 of 77

2011-08-31, 1:46 AM

All in all I would say this is an improvement.  I agree with some others, I got no email saying my information was accepted for the soak test and woke up this morning to the notification that it was ready to download.  Then, I got an email later in the day apologizing for not getting the email that it was actually coming.  Mistakes happen.  I have been using Launcher Pro because of how unresponsive everythng was, but right now I don't think I feel the need any more to have a home replacement.  I still think the Moto Quick Contacts is incredibly ugly on the phone.  A favorites contact stock widget would be nice.  Again, generally a big improvement, but it is still early. 

Options

23 Posts

11-01-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 65 of 77

2011-08-31, 3:10 AM

So far, so good.  No crashes and/or burns. (Yet.   I know better than to taunt Murphy.)  Tried it with a few Apps, will go through and deliberately try them all, try Netscape and some of the websites that used to complain I was using an "Unsupported Browser" - and see if Angry Birds is any less of a battery hog now.

I hope they fixed the screen dimmer - the Automatic didn't work before, you almost had to turn the map off at night or it blasted you.

The index letters on the phone book are genius, that was always a minor issue.

--<< Bruce >>--

Options

1941 Posts

08-11-2010

United States of America

863 Signins

14025 Page Views

• Views: 14025
  • Message 66 of 77

2011-08-31, 5:36 AM

Update was waiting when I looked a phone at 12:30 AM EDST.  Seemed to take forever to wait for yellow progress bar while installing.  I thought that it had frozen, but I waited it out.  I'll bet many people might just give up and presume it's not working.

Initial boot also took quite a while.  But so far things seem fine after one spontaneous reboot.

Options

6 Posts

01-25-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 67 of 77

2011-09-04, 21:11 PM

I would also like to report that before the update, I never received market notifications for app updates.  But now I get norifications just fine.  Thanks for this fix!  I know other people with the D2 that never had this problem, but I had even exchanged mine for another D2 and still had this problem before the update.

Options

102 Posts

11-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 68 of 77

2011-09-07, 2:13 AM

I want to share good things about the update.

I like the look of the dialer. 

I like the darkened background when I wake the phone up. 

I like the popup box when you press on an app giving you choices of adding to home, sharing, adding to group, or uninstalling.

I have a suggestion:  giving us the ability to rename a folder when we place it on a screen.  Or am I missing something?  I tried it and all I keep getting is "folder"

And how about a suggestion box thread? 

Options

1321 Posts

06-05-2010

United States

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 69 of 77

2011-09-07, 2:41 AM

dianewashere wrote:

I like the popup box when you press on an app giving you choices of adding to home, sharing, adding to group, or uninstalling.

I have a suggestion:  giving us the ability to rename a folder when we place it on a screen.  Or am I missing something?  I tried it and all I keep getting is "folder"

Put a new folder on the screen.  Open the folder.  Long press where it says folder and it will give you the option to rename.  Same as Froyo.  Hope this makes sense.

Options

102 Posts

11-20-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 70 of 77

2011-09-07, 2:57 AM

huff825 wrote:

dianewashere wrote:

Put a new folder on the screen.  Open the folder.  Long press where it says folder and it will give you the option to rename.  Same as Froyo.  Hope this makes sense.

Yikes.  I feel like the blonde with the chainsaw.  Took her 3 days to cut a pile of wood.  She returned it to the store and said it didn't work.  The manager pulled the cord, started it up, and the blonde said "what's that noise?"

Thank you!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms