Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesS and Vibe X Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

07-25-2020

India

16 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 11 of 20

Re:Display folder of Lenovo S90 Sisley White

2020-09-19, 14:50 PM

HI Rich,

From 30-07-2020 to 19-09-2020 = 50 days approx.. Wasted again.

Lenovo is such an expert company in torturing its customers. I an begging for a simple display on cost basis and I am not able to get. 

1. What is the legal binding of a company to supply spares of discontinued model. I mean what is the duration for which a company is bound to supply spares after it discontinue any model.

2. What is the official date of discontinuation of S90 model in India

I am writing these questions to you because Lenovo India's useless team did not reply to these two questions. After hearing from you, I wish to Sue Lenovo India for cheating me

A Singh

Options

13 Posts

07-25-2020

India

16 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 12 of 20

2020-09-23, 7:11 AM

What is the harm in communicating to a customer the info I am seeking? It is my legal right as a customer to get this info.

1. When did the model S90A Sisley got discontinued in India
  2. What is the minimum period for which a mobile manufacturer is bound to supply spares after a model is discontinued. 

In case I do not get a suitable reply from Lenovo, I shall circulate my message to Apple, Samsung, Nokia,..... all the prominent brands. Might be someone would reply me since Lenovo's useless dumb team is not replying me for the last six month for this information

ASingh

Options

13 Posts

07-25-2020

India

16 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 13 of 20

2020-09-23, 7:14 AM

...and...I would like to alert all the consumers in this world that never buy Lenovo brand because they will not supply you required spares. Once your equipment need it some spare, consider it as a trash. Lenovo is really a cheat company

ASingh

Options

6735 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3408 Signins

85526 Page Views

• Views: 85526
  • Message 14 of 20

2020-09-25, 14:20 PM

Hello,

While I don't have answers to your two questions about parts availability. Please give us some time from our end to see if we can help assist. We'll reach back out to you as soon as we know what/if any options we have from our end to help.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

13 Posts

07-25-2020

India

16 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 15 of 20

2020-09-28, 10:24 AM

Hello,

I am too much astonished to learn that Lenovo does not know when did the model S90 get discontinued in  India?

If Lenovo does not know it, who else can give me this information. Should I write to Apple or Samsung to let me know when did Lenovo discontinue S90 model in India and I promise that I shall definitely write to various mobile phone manufacturers to know this particular information.

The fact is that I am running from pillar to post to get a simple display of S90 model for the last six months. Yes, six months. All the authorized service centers of Lenovo have refused to entertain. Lenovo India also refused to entertain. SO buying Lenovo is definitely a waste of money. Once you need some spare, you have to beg and beg and beg.....

Shame Lenovo team

I would like to alert the whole community of this world to never buy Lenovo Phones else they would got cheated like me.

Lenovo is the second name of harassment.

ASingh 

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 16 of 20

2020-09-29, 19:19 PM

Hi ASP_India,

Sorry if you feel that way. We have tried our best looking into this for you. You should be in contact with our repair service team, please keep in contact with them. Just let us know here if anything comes up. We're here to assist. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

13 Posts

07-25-2020

India

16 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 17 of 20

2020-10-13, 9:09 AM

HI Rich, 

Greetings!

Thanks for your sincere efforts to help me.

Good news and bad news !

Good news is that, after a long struggle of six months, one display of Lenovo S90 model has been arranged by Lenovo India. It is another story that the same team had expressed their inability to supply the same due to non-availability of part.

Bad news is that Lenovo India has been asking me to pay a cost of display which is equal to the phone cost. The minimum cost of this model sold on Amazon India is INR  7800 ( Please refer the attachment ) and Lenovo is asking me to pay Rs 7000 for display !

BY any means, paying this amount on a five year old model with 2GB/32GB configuration with 400 series Snapdragon working on Android 4.4 ( Kitkat ) is not feasible. Lenovo India should reconsider to supply tis part on some realistic cost. If they re-think in a genuine way, if they give me discount on this part, one mobile phone with Lenovo brand will again be visible in the market. 

Otherwise this part, which has been arranged with great efforts of so many people will go to junk store of Lenovo India since this 2014 model is already obsolete a long way and there is no demand of spare of this model.

Honestly, speaking, I am really disappointed with Lenovo's approach

ASingh

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 18 of 20

2020-10-13, 19:51 PM

Hi ASP_India,

Thanks for your reply. I reached out to the team, but unfortunately, the offer presented to you is the best offer we can provide. I appreciate your feedback, please don't hesitate to post if ever you change  your mind. We're here to help.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

13 Posts

07-25-2020

India

16 Signins

115 Page Views

• Message 19 of 20

2020-10-14, 4:45 AM

HI Rich,

Thanks for your prompt reply

What kind of help Lenovo wish to offer where the cost of display unit is equal to cost of mobile phone and that too in a scenario where the part is already obsolete.

Better this obsolete part rot in stores of Lenovo warehouse and after few years it would be moved to scrap store alongwith other non-moving stock of spare parts.

So Lenovo has a great policy, 

1. Sell the obsolete part with a cost equal to that of original mobile
  2. Let the part rot in store but they can't offer any discount for a useless part ( for Lenovo because there is no demand in market for 2014 model display )

In my opinion. Lenovo should replace the part FREE OF COST as a goodwill gesture to keep their 2014 model running. However I am not asking for a free part but I am asking to have a genuine cost from me. 

The last not the least, Lenovo India had given me in writing that the display of S90 is not available. This happened six month back. And now if a display has been managed, it is only and only due to my persistent chasing and followup of this part. In other words, I have managed to get it appeared. Although the part belongs to Lenovo but ethically speaking I have full right on the ownership of the same.

Why is Lenovo interested in making so much money from obsolete spares? They should make money by selling new devices I think.

I would request you to kindly convince your Indian counterpart to provide me the display at a reasonable price and not on exorbitant one.

Regards, 

ASingh

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 20 of 20

2020-10-14, 21:57 PM

Hi ASP_India,

I understand. However, we have little to no control here on community regarding the pricing of replacement parts. An offer was made by the service/repair team you worked with. We would recommend reaching back out to them to discuss further. I apologize but that's the most we can do in this case.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms