Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JCB01
Fanfold Paper
Views: 196
Message 11 of 13

Re: Lenovo s5 weird settings bug

I have the same issue , I been told to factory reset the phone  ,but i had issue soon as it came out of the box new only few days ago 

markisresting
Fanfold Paper
Views: 150
Message 12 of 13

Mine too. Bought it Nov 2018. Tap 'Settings', tap 'Display, tap 'Sleep' and it just drops back out to the 'Settings' menu. Tried a factory reset but achieves nothing. Clearly a software bug introduced by Lenovo that they can't be bothered to fix.

Also annoying is the full width Google widget on the home page that can't be moved or deleted.

Also can't amend the main APN to disable MMSs - tap 'Settings', tap 'Network & Internet', tap 'Mobile Network', tap 'Advanced Options', tap 'Access Point Names', select the APN but all the fields are protected and can't be amended. My monthly package includes calls, SMS and data but not MMSs which get charged in addition. I don't uses them, well never intentionally, I use WhatsApp which is far more flexible and useful (and free). Default is to send an MMS rather than SMSs when texting multiple receipents although I have opted to 'send individual SMS messages to all receipients' in a group message so that's OK. But, a 'long message' gets conveted to a MMS - all you need to do is add a couple of emojis (which uses loads of characters) and it becomes a long message - so stick a * character at the start of the MMSC, the MMS proxy and change the MMS port to 0000 and the phone can't send MMSs - easy to change back later if you want to reenable..........................but the phone doesn't allow them to be amended (I've put the SIM into other phones and it's fine everywhere apart from on this Lenovo S5 (K520).

Also I did have a Wifi via Captive Portal isssue of it not taking me to the Captive Portal page or providing an Android Notification that would but I think I have a work around - well it's working so far.

The unmovable Google full width widget locked to the home page is a pain in the backside, I prefer to use the Chrome Browser with Google search as the default 1st page, so I effectively lose 4 icons from my front page.

The APN issue can be circumvented by adding a new APN with the appropriately amended fields then selecting that.

I have a work around for the Captive Portal problem that seems to work (type in 192.168.1.128 into the search bar and it seems to work, if not then try the IP address of the WiFi you are trying to access.

The Sleep timer is driving me mad but can't find a way around it.

I have said in the past I wouldn't buy another Lenovo product as the support has always been so terrible but I'd forgotten and the phone was very inexpensive for what you get.

Here's hoping Lenovo fix the problems but I won't be holding my breath...... they've never fixed anything in the past

JCB01
Fanfold Paper
Views: 144
Message 13 of 13

Hi  guys been doing some research You can contact smartphone support on the following link: https://lnv.gy/2REY3wD.  Moto support who deal with Lenovo phones however they are UK EU based   The S5 is not on their support list (yet). they are currently investigating  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors