Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesS and Vibe X Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

06-06-2014

Bangalore

35 Signins

558 Page Views

• Views: 558
  • Message 1 of 6

Request for replacement of faulty Lenovo S860

2014-07-14, 13:39 PM

Hi Team,

On May 15th 2014 bought Lenovo S860 from retail store, after a few days I learnt that phone is having network drop issue. I took the phone to Service center (Indra Nagar, Bangalore) and was told this needs to upgraded to latest Android version (4.4) which will resolve the problem. A few days later I upgraded it to Android 4.4(kit kat) then also network drop issue was not resolved. Previously I was using a LG handset which was working smoothly and found no issues with LG, only when I started using Lenovo phone I started facing low 3G speed, significant network drop and one way call.

Yes, i too thought about the faulty sim, So, got swapped my sim from the network provider (AirTel). After that too the issue didn't resolve.

Even I tried my new sim from same location in other branded phone like Samsung, LG and Motorola all had good signal reception, call clarity and even good 3G speed too.

Next, what I tried was, set my network mode only to 2G there was a significant change, keeping only on 2G network mode works seamlessly and no issues at all. After this I learnt that issue is there with only 3G antenna/hardware. 3G related hardware is where the actual fault is and that actually needs the fix.

As a faulty piece has been sold to me I don’t want it to be repaired but get it replaced by a new piece. It’s been 2 months now am dealing with this issue in day to day life and am not at all satisfied with this piece. Yes, am aware of the replacement policy which is of 1 week, but it’s not always possible to find out the problem/issue with the phone is in just 1 week.

Today (14/7/2014, 10:03:37), submitted my phone to Lenovo service center (Indra nagar, Bangalore) details are as follows,

IMEI No: xxxxx

Contact No:9845175766

No: SRIN0031407140001

Fault cod: M0407

Email: xxxxx

Still now I haven’t heard a single word from the service center about the issue or resolution they are going provide.

Sincere request is to take this on a top priority and replace the faulty piece with a new one, as I didn’t pay to buy a faulty phone. Even am not sure whether a part replacement will help me avoid running to service center after that. As places here are not near to get the piece checked or get it resolved, need to hop 25kms on one way to get it checked. Which is hectic (traffic a hell!) and Lenovo is not going to pay for my time and money.

Ideal solution would be get it replaced with a new one.

Eagerly waiting to hear from you at the earliest.

Thanking in advance.

Regards,

Harsha

Moderator comment: Personal information removed to protect member's privacy - IMEI and email address.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Request for replacement of faulty Lenovo S860

2014-07-16, 2:38 AM

Harsha,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  I have escalated your case - please allow us a day or so to investigate and follow up with you.

If you have not heard from service by end of this week, please post back and let us know.

Thanks for speaking up!  

Mark

Options

15 Posts

06-06-2014

Bangalore

35 Signins

558 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2014-07-21, 7:26 AM

Hi Mark,

Any updates on this? Its already a week now and not getting any proper response or update from service center or customer care. Service center say they have raised a request with head office for full money refund or new handset and customer care say that they havent received any update from service center. There is a big communication gap between them or am being given wrong information from either one of them.

Please do the needful at the earliest. End of day I will be posting the whole email communication with the care center and other details regarding this case being handled by Lenovo support.

Regards,

Harsha

Options

15 Posts

06-06-2014

Bangalore

35 Signins

558 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2014-07-21, 19:15 PM
MIDH Care
Jul 15 (7 days ago)  

to me

Dear Customer,

We regret to know about the inconvenience that you are facing. However we are positively interested in resolving your concern.

We are escalating your case to our Field Service team for a speedy resolution. Also, please allow us to get back to you with an update. 

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Thanks & Regards

Lenovo Service Team

Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 8:55 PM
To: MIDH Care
Cc: Support@thedostore.com; Services_ED;
Subject: Request for replacement of faulty Lenovo S860

Harsha Angadi
Jul 15 (7 days ago)    
to MIDH, services_ed

Hi Team,

Thank you for escalating this issue,  if this doesn't get resolved in 1 week then please arrange for money refund.

As I cant take this tension anymore.

Harsha Angadi
Jul 15 (7 days ago)    
to MIDH, services_ed, Mahantesh

End of day 2, still no reply/updates from service center.

If I call them, they say that they are still checking it.

Kindly arrange for replacement of new phone or refund of money at the earliest.

Thanking in advance.

Regards,
Harsha

MIDH Care
Jul 16 (6 days ago)    
to me

Dear Customer,

Please accept my apology and regrets. 

We are taking this matter with the concerned team and will update you shortly.

Harsha Angadi
Jul 16 (6 days ago)    
to MIDH, services_ed

Thanks for your reply.

End of Day 3, got a call from service saying that in Metro cities
there is always a issue with 3G network. Also I am facing issues with
call clarity and sudden network drop.

If that's the case then how my old LG phone used to work seamlessly
(at same location)? Apart from that, the testing I did in other
branded phones likes Samsung, LG and Motorola (from same location)
these too did not show any sign of problem with 3G network.

Only with my piece (Lenovo S860) from the same location am not
able to take call or download anything. What ever the claim service
guy is making doesn't make sense.

Please expedite the process and arrange for refund of money.

Regards,
Harsha

MIDH Care
Jul 17 (5 days ago)    
to me
Harsha Angadi
Jul 17 (5 days ago)    
to MIDH, services_ed

End of Day 4, Now service center has no updates regarding my phone nor
they are ready to let me know the proper status too.

They only have one answer that, please talk to Lenovo technical person
who called you yesterday from the service center.

To my bad luck Lenovo technical person (Rizwan), didn't answer my
phone, I tried many times always his phone was busy.

This is the worst experience am having with Lenovo support.

Please reply with some useful information rather than replying the
same matter and arrange for money refund at the earliest.

Regards,
Harsha

Harsha Angadi
12:23 AM (13 minutes ago)    
to MIDH, services_ed

Now its a week now my phone is in service center and no proper response or update from either service center or customer support.

Service center guys says that they have updated the HO about the issue, and raised a request for full amount refund where as the service support say that they haven't received any update from service center. Either of one is misguiding or giving wrong information to me.

When you call customer support they really don't have any update regarding my issue even after providing the complaint number. They keep talking there mind and some how want to end the call when you ask them something in detail they say that please be online and after a long hold they come up and say that they haven't received any updates from the service center. When I say that already service center has raised a request for full money refund after hearing this again they put you on a long hold and come back and say, please wait for 2 more days you will get a update from the Lenovo service center. When I called service support on Friday they said that they will arrange a call back from senior official on Saturday as none of the seniors officials were not available at that time.

Saturday I didn't received any call from Lenovo service center, so thought of calling them after long hold finally somebody spoke and said Monday you will have a proper information. It was Monday no updates as of now and still requested me to wait for 2 more days for the update, as today all the senior officials were in meeting. Interesting customer support!

Looks like this is never ending story...!!!

Please take this on a top priority and arrange for full money refund at the earliest.

Thanking in advance.

Regards,
Harsha

Moderator comment: Email address(es) removed to defeat spambots.Private information of other(s) removed. Community Rules.

Options

7460 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29476 Signins

1686703 Page Views

• Views: 1686703
  • Message 5 of 6

2014-07-21, 19:23 PM

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

3 Posts

07-23-2014

Germany

4 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 6 of 6

Betreff: Request for replacement of faulty Lenovo S860

2014-07-23, 10:01 AM

It seems Lenovo has more Problems with this Phone.
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Phones/Lenovo-S860-can-t-connect-to-WCDMA-network/m-p/1551470

And there are some more in other Forums....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms