Options

5 Posts

10-11-2013

Indonesia

3 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 2

S820 came with no Play Store, also has language issue.

2013-10-11, 5:31 AM

I bought an S820 in China and it has 2 problems that I cannot solve.  First, even after switching the laguage to English, much of the interface, apps, settings, etc. are still in Chinese.

Additionaly, this phone did not come with the Google Play Store installed, and I am not able to install it from the Play Store website.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong due to the language issue, or perhaps there's some kind of license missing since this specific phone was intended for the Chinese market.

I've tried for several days to find a solution but I am coming up short.  I'd like to try a new ROM, but after searching all the various forums I can't seem to find one designed for this phone.

Can anyone please refer me to a ROM that will work for this phone, or otherwise suggest a solution?

Thank you!

Options

3 Posts

11-23-2013

China

3 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: S820 came with no Play Store, also has language issue.

2013-11-23, 14:11 PM

Hi there,

Though am not an expert, will try to explain and share what I know. I have been updating my s820 to Android 4.2.2 (which is latest for this phone) ROM automatically provided by lenovo officially that means it's not rooted and no Gapps by OTA (over the air) system upgrade. They call this new one VIBE ROM and I find it fantastic!

The other way would be to manually download latest ROM from http://www.viberom.com/xiazai_s820_nk.html (sorry it's in Chinese and you must select appropriate phone, you may translate the website) into your computer, RENAME into update.zip, copy to external microSD card --> boot into recovery (from lenovo's 'system upgrade' icon), there are few yes/no and finally done! 

You can also check this out http://www.needrom.com/phone-roms/lenovo/serial-s/s820/ for custom and some rooted ROMs.

Cheers

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms