Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesS and Vibe X Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

06-06-2014

Indonesia

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 12

lenovo s860 and service center in Indonesia

2014-06-06, 3:27 AM

Dear lenovo,

i just wanted to inform you that, today, my worst fear become real.

my 4 weeks old S860 screen begin to flicker really bad. (come out from nowhere, i think it's hardware failure)

many people already advise me beforehand, NOT to buy lenovo, because they dont give you any after service at all, if it broken, considered it broken.

now im very concerned what to do, because i know what will happen next, my phone will be in service center for months, and probably never see it again. :(

i hope there's a solution from here, before i completely lost faith in lenovo. :(

im not going to service center in hurry, because i know it will be a one way trip, never to return again :(

Options

7 Posts

06-05-2014

Indonesia

9 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: lenovo s860 and service center in Indonesia

2014-06-06, 3:52 AM

Yeah Win.. agree with you.. bad service center in Indonesia.. & the product seems not too good.

I bought s960 VibeX a month ago and USB OTG is not functioning.. Unfortunately I'm looking for lenovo support and not  answered until now..

nyesel juga udah beli Lenovo... :(

Options

4 Posts

06-06-2014

Indonesia

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2014-06-06, 4:13 AM
yes eandhy..
lenovo service center is the worst in Indonesia.
i think we need to lodge formal complain to Government, and not allowed them to do any promotion in Indonesia, until they can completely solve the service center problem
Options

7 Posts

06-05-2014

Indonesia

9 Signins

77 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2014-06-06, 6:51 AM

Agree.. just info whenever You want to raise formal complaint, count me in... :)

Options

7 Posts

06-23-2014

Indonesia

9 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 5 of 12

2014-07-15, 16:00 PM
The same problem i got when i've upgraded to kitkat, go to the service center after 1-3 week they gave me rom from chinese version and the problem disappear, but when i realized that the chinese version doesn't came with google application such as play store etc i upgrade it again to kit kat and the problem occurs again... And the kit kat was just the same chinese version, this is the 3rd product i bought from lenovo first one is the dualsim gsm A series and i sold it within a month, the second ones is the notebook thinkpad twist it was slow respon and having a veryhot temperature on the bottom, having a problem on the screen rotation, what a shame....always got problem buying lenovo, i'll never believe in lenovo again...sorry..
Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 6 of 12

2014-07-16, 2:27 AM

All,

Sorry to hear that you have been having problems with service.   Are you all going to the same service center or different ones?

Wildan,

Please see the notebook section on Twist in this forum.  There are many solutions - you need to update the BIOS & Power manager to solve the rotation and running warm issues.  Please run system update, or manually download and install the latest BIOS & drivers from our support site.

Options

7 Posts

06-23-2014

Indonesia

9 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 7 of 12

2014-07-16, 5:57 AM
Well, i only go to service center in Solo Jawa Tengah Indonesia, and they sent it to service center in Jakarta, the only things that I wonder is why Lenovo did not gave another official ROM for S860 (and please not the chinese ones), the kit kat version is a big mistake so many bugs in there, now i found that the chinese ver of kit kat does a problem in network especially for the sim 1, it is no stable...Lenovo please fix it.
Options

7 Posts

06-05-2014

Indonesia

9 Signins

77 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2014-07-16, 7:01 AM

Hi Mark,

I've never go to any Lenovo service center actually, what I'm facing at the beginning is that I could not use the USB OTG. I was trying to ask to the shop that I bought this Lenovo VibeX, but they don't know how to enable this feature. Also I'm searching the internet and some of Lenovo smartphone user said that It also happened with their smartphones. So this is common problem for the BIOS.. Did the Lenove check of this feature before declare a phone specification ?

The other thing is, I did the system upgrade, but after that, everytime I use the contacts then the "Unfortunately, contacts has stopped" message appears. It also happened with the other application, such as messaging, bbm and some others. What I've done is I uninstall the apps and downgrade the version, or I do install 3rd party application such as contact+ to overcome this problems. The same question appears, Did the Lenovo teams really check the System Upgrade before they announce it or not.. ?

I know that Lenovo is a big company, but if they don't care about this 'little' problem so they'll lose a big amount of their users.. 

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 9 of 12

2014-07-16, 19:53 PM

Ok,

Well, I understand there are some concerns about technical issues on the S860 and I've passed that along to our product team and will see what additional information may be available to help you.

I was concerned that the initial comments in this thread were saying the service center experience was not good, but then it seems that some did not actually go to service but simply said service was bad.

Would you please confirm whether the concerns are just with the technical issue, or truly with the experience at the service center (assuming you went there, or sent in your phone)?

If you have an open issue with the service center and feel you need help, please let me know and contact me via PM with your details.

Thanks.

Mark

Options

4 Posts

06-06-2014

Indonesia

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2014-07-17, 12:30 PM
Yes, i believed that certain parts will have problem with the Kit Kat upgrade. but sadly, there's no new update to address this matter and i must live with the flicker screen.
for your information, i already found 2 guys beside me that has the same problem after upgrade

about going to service center, i think it's best forgotten, see? you gave them 1-3 weeks, and the problem is still there, i mean, why do you need so many weeks to address matter as simple as ROM ? and to my dismay, this forum is not a big help :(
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms