Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-27-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 5

Alternatives to Smart Actions?

2014-01-27, 22:32 PM

Hi all,

I really like Smart Actions except for one detail - it is missing the ability to use "NOT" and no one seems interested in fixing it (at least not from the messages I have seen here going back for quite a while.)

So I appear to have no choice but to find an alternative.  Does anyone have any suggestions on a good replacement - basically something that gives me the same options as Smart Actions but also allows me to specify NOT as well as add other options (when moving faster than xxx MPH, etc.)

Of course, the ideal solution would be to fix the app, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Thanks!

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Alternatives to Smart Actions?

2014-01-28, 0:03 AM

Check out Tasker.  Very comprehensive, I'm told, and therefore takes some time for some to fully understand.  The people who have mastered it love it.

For something a bit less complex, see if Llama Location Profiles fits your needs.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 3 of 5

2014-02-06, 19:05 PM

There are lots of apps called "profile managers" that use conditions to turn things on and off. I like "llama" - not sure if it has a "not" option, but it has enough other features that I had never had to want "not" but I have needed it before and understand what you are looking for. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

102 Posts

02-17-2014

United States of America

111 Signins

1280 Page Views

• Views: 1280
  • Message 4 of 5

2014-05-26, 22:47 PM

Doop! Never mind. Its gone.

Options

9 Posts

03-16-2015

Italy

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 5

2015-03-16, 5:44 AM

I agree with the OP that Smart Actions doesn't have enough triggers and reverse triggers to be totally useful. Tasker is far more comprehensive, but is much more geekier, you won't be creating your actions via the wizard like interface of Smart Actions. But Tasker can basically do anything on your phone. Highly recommended.

Examples of Tasker going beyond Smart Actions:

- Determine location from map locations, what cell towers are near, what WiFi networks are near. And all of these have reverse, so... when I'm NOT near the cell towers at work, when I'm NOT connected to my home network.

- If statements - Read incoming SMS IF my headphones are connected

I created a Tasker profile that I can enable when driving for example, that will: pause my music, read out loud the incoming SMS, ask if I want to reply, take my reply, read it back to me, and then send or try again.  Moto got something like working in the X, I believe, but it's not available in Smart Actions. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms