Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-11-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Auto-reply via 3rd party apps (DROID RAZR MAX)

2013-05-11, 6:46 AM

After setting up all my triggers for my "Work" rule, I set up an auto-reply action to incoming texts. However, I use Handcent SMS as my messaging application, and although the rest of my action works as it should, the auto-reply function does not (despite my having specified Handcent as my messaging app in the smartaction creation screen). I am unsure if the problem lies in the fact that Handcent bypasses the default app completely, and so no messages are shown as received, or if smartactions can't send messages through 3rd-part texting applications. The rule itself shows no conflicts or problems, and I only knew that the texts are not being sent by verifying it with multiple friends.

Is it possible to resolve this issue without changing over to the default text messaging application?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Auto-reply via 3rd party apps (DROID RAZR MAX)

2013-05-15, 11:01 AM

I don't think so - not using smart actions. But you could look to see if any other SMS apps have this option.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms