Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

63 Posts

01-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Automatic WiFi signin

2012-05-04, 13:28 PM

My phone's WiFi automatically detects my office's WiFi network each time I am in range, however the network requires navigation to a signin page and checking a box agreeing to siging in.  Is there a way using smart actions to AUTOMATICALLY make that selection sign into this public network which requires a manual acceptance for sign in?

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Automatic WiFi signin

2012-05-04, 13:36 PM

I'd be very interested in the answer to this question.  At my office we have two different wireless networks: one that recognizes the employee's domain login, and another for visitors.  My wifi automatically connects to the domain when I'm in range, but the public network requires navigation to a web page.  No matter the state of the browser when I disconnect from public wifi (at a website, on the login page, or forced close) the next time I access it I have to be redirected to the login page and manually sign in.

Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2012-05-04, 22:14 PM

Never tried this use case but I don't think Smart Actions will handle it. You can try by going to triggers >Wi-Fi connection > add a net network (touch the "+" sign). Setup the network. This is the only option, so if it handles your case then great.  Navigating to a web page before login, sounds like a security measure,  this would be the blocker.

You can also launch a webpage, this may help reduce steps in your sequence.

Options

489 Posts

11-08-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2012-09-11, 0:34 AM

there's a company called devicescape that has a system to do just what you want- IF your office is big enough. Their app is called easywifi in the play store. 

They make software to login without user intervention for embedded devices (like eye-fi sd cards for cameras) and on cell phones (like those from metro PCS if I understand). It's pretty amazing. You enter your login once in the app and it remembers it and plugs it into the web pages for you.

I have the app on my phone and it will automatically login to any comcast wifi access point with my particualr login info without me needing to do anything. People without the app need to open a browser and type in their comcast email address and password each time. 

THE CATCH is your office needs to be big enough for them to have it in their database (think about it, there's no standard for those login pages so each one can be a little different where to enter the info and what it needs- so they apparently have to make a template in their system for each type login). If it's not already in there-  If you go to their website and hit their forums you can take screen shots and email them the info and they will add the particulars of that web login on for future use. I see they have universities and hotels and the like in their database so i decent sized office with a few hunderd employees they would probably add.  But if there's just 5 of you i dont know if they will. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms