Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-10-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Can not edit any triggers or actions

2013-08-10, 5:49 AM

I have the Droid RAZR Maxx HD and can not get Smart Actions to really do what I want. I am trying to use two settings: Low Battery Saver and Sleep. The settings for the Low Battery Saver are all good enough that I don't need to mess with it. Works fine as is.

My major issue is with the Sleep smartaction. In the default settings, the action "Ring for Important People" is already added, but not active. When I either click on the action, or slide it to the left to connect it to the vertical line, it opens up the page to add the important people that are exceptions to the silenced ringer. Awesome. Only problem is, when I go through that page and the next for setting the ringer volume for these contacts, it takes me back to the settings for the Sleep smartaction and nothing has changed. The "Ring for Important People" box is still unconnected from the vertical line, and it has none of the contacts that I just selected within. Every time I try to set it, it immediately reverts back to its default uneditted state.

This is really annoying, since I pretty much have no other use for smartactions than this one smartaction (Sleep. I mention Low Battery Saver just because it's kind of handy, but unnecessary). Has anyone else had this issue? Or managed to make SA get it's crap together and work properly?

Thanks in advance.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Can not edit any triggers or actions

2013-08-13, 12:25 PM

I had a similar problem with my Atrix HD - I couldn't add any locations. 

You can try to clear the data and cache for the smart action application - this will remove any customizations you have done. If that doesn't work, you may have to do a Factory Reset - not a pleasant solution, I know. 

It has been a long time since I had my issue and i had to do a reset, but I never had the problem again.

If you do go the reset route, back up everything first. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms