Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

123 Posts

02-23-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Check-in's

2012-04-14, 19:55 PM

I trying to find a way to automate my Foursquare and Google Latitude check-in's, I still prefer my Facebook check-in's to be manually done. I only share my location information with close friends on Foursquare and Latitude and Facebook is more of a public or wider group of friends check-in.

It appears location tiggers have to be star locations? I am hoping there is a way to use my Google stared map locations, and or Foursquare previous check-in's. This way I don't have to star locations in another app.

As an example auto check-in to any Starbuck's I visit

Any suggestions?

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Check-in's

2012-04-14, 20:46 PM

This page indicates that Latitude checks can be automated:  http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2011/02/check-in-with-google-latitude.html 

• Automatic check-ins: Choose to automatically check in at specific places you designate, and you’ll be checked in when you’re there. You can talk to friends or finish your bagel without fumbling with your phone.

• Check out: Once you leave, Latitude knows to automatically check you out of places so friends aren’t left guessing if you’re still there.

This page walks you thru how to automate Foursquare checkins:  http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-20061198-285/how-to-automate-foursquare-check-ins-with-your-android-device/

Unfortunately, I have no actual experience with either of these references--I just like to look things up to learn Cool

Please let us know if either of these suggestions work for you Smile

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms