Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

Driving triggers does not work

2012-07-15, 14:38 PM

Am trying to set up driving triggers on SA but nothing seems to work. Would like Pandora (and/or Google Nav) to come on when the phone BT connects with my motorola handsfree carkit and tunelink.  I have wifi and gps locations settings turned on.  Tried disabling all other SA settings (work, home, sleep SAs work great) with just the driving SA enabled but no joy on all counts.  D Razr Maxx.

Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

Options

21 Posts

01-21-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: Driving triggers does not work

2012-07-16, 3:54 AM

After you've chosen "Bluetooth device" as the trigger, select the "Launch application" action and then choose Pandora from the list.  You'll need to add a "Launch application" action for each additional app you want to be active/available while you drive.

Options

4 Posts

07-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2012-07-16, 11:14 AM
Thanks. Did that but even w/ the launch application action set for Pandora to come on it still doesn't work.
Options

21 Posts

01-21-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2012-07-19, 4:23 AM

Sorry if I'm covering something you already know, but...

I just re-read your original post, and you state that you have Wi-Fi and GPS turned on.  However, you didn't mention if you have "Mobile data" enabled (under Settings, Data usage).  Unless you have some sort of mobile/satellite Wi-Fi capability in your car or you only drive around in a parking lot near a Wi-Fi Hot Spot (sarcastic humor), your phone needs to use the 4G connection for data-using apps such as Pandora, Google Maps, etc.  Wi-Fi won't work as you're driving down the highway.

You can have Smart Actions enable Cellular data as an action when it detects the Bluetooth device trigger.  I recommend having the bluetooth trigger the following actions in this particular order: 1) Cellular data - Enable, 2) Wi-Fi - Off, 3) Launch application - Pandora/Google Maps/etc.  That way, the 4G data connection should be established before an app is launched and starts looking for a data connection.

Don't forget... you'll need to set up a separate SA to reverse your data connection back to Wi-Fi when you disconnect Bluetooth.

If all this is something you haven't tried yet, I hope it works for you.  If you have done all this, I'll have to leave you in the hands of the experts because I can't think of what else could be the problem.

Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2012-07-19, 19:23 PM

When you say "it doesnt work" is your rule even activating? 

You have paired with your BT device, correct?

Options

4 Posts

07-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2012-07-19, 21:39 PM
Thanks, guys for both tips. Yes, I had cellular data enabled, and wifi turned off and still couldn't get it to go "active." I ended up uninstalling the SA update, disabling all SA triggers and trying it w/ just the Driving trigger on. It worked for a while (i.e., Pandora would come on although the Driving trigger didn't show "active") but it never could stay on consistently (sometimes it worked sometimes not). Finally gave up on the driving triggers. Also today, noticed Bluetooth connection w/ Jambox kept dropping off. Seemed to happen after the screen timing out. I had to keep going back to my BT settings to reconnect. BTW, tried powering on & off as well as soft resets. I've given up hope and stopped using SA altogether. Nice concept but doesn't work on my phone. Am I missing something else? Hate to have to do a complete reset & lose everything. Anyway, much appreciate your help & following up.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms