Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-13-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 91 of 177

Re: Feedback and suggestion for Smart Actions

2012-07-17, 5:02 AM

no new triggers were added on the new update, was looking foward to a lte to cdma ( auto prl ) trigger and a toggle background sync in time frames. maybe next time.

Options

1997 Posts

06-03-2015

USA

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 92 of 177

2012-07-17, 10:49 AM

LostDog said:

2.  Fixed Duration or Timeouts for Actions (especially manually triggered actions) - The ability to have manually triggered actions last for a fixed duration and then automatically expire unless manually triggered again.

Use Case:  I have created manually triggered actions for things like Quiet Location, Bright Location, etc.  Many times I will manually trigger them but then forget to turn them off when I leave the location the sparked me to trigger them in the first place.  Would like to be able to know they will automatically expire after a period of time.

3.  Widgets Toggles for Manually Triggered Icons - Ability to add a widget to the home screen which toggles an action associated with a manual trigger.

Use Case:  Same as above, just doesn't require me to go into the Smart Actions app to manually trigger an action.  Alternative would be to allow me to sort the order of the actions so the ones I want to trigger are always in the same, easy to find location in the list.  Sorting could cause confusion by implying an order of execution, however.

Items 2 and 3 are why I'm not using Smart Actions and using another app.

My suggestion, have a trigger on no cell signal for a defined time and an action to put the phone in airplane mode for a defined time. I'm in the subway or buildings with poor to no cell service throughout a day and that really kills my battery. Having a SA that can put the phone into airplane mode for 15 minutes when my signal drops for 2 minutes would save my battery for something useful rather than searching for a signal when none exists.

About the proximity sensor suggestion, I like this one too. Have it simulate the In Pocket Detection that was taken out of ICS (it didn't work correctly anyway). Have the action keep the screen off even on an incoming call. If the phone is in my pocket, there wouldn't be any reason to activate the screen.

Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 93 of 177

2012-07-17, 15:48 PM

Thanks for the great suggestions guys! These comments are getting very specific with good use cases too. 

-Adding a timer funtion is really cool, I will  push this through to the team. 

-Widgets would also be cool, philosophically our team is torn on this one, Smart Actions is supposed to take the burden off the user for manaully trigggered rules. Maybe we're not there yet, or maybe there will always be a need to have an easy access button on the home screen. I've seen this request multiple times so the demand is there.

- I like the trigger on no cell detection after a definedperiod of time. But I suspect this usecase will be hard to implement and get it right the first time. I'll bring this idea straight to our designers so they can think about it. This is a unique idea, havent seen this one before.

- Pocket Detection is hard but we have discussed concepts like this before. If we can get past the first hurdle then the rest will be easy. 

Options

1997 Posts

06-03-2015

USA

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 94 of 177

2012-07-17, 16:24 PM

For a sound profile, a manual trigger is a necessity. I take the bus to NYC and have a profile setup so my phone will go into a low volume mode for a preset time. I tap the widget and select timer or manual mode next to each sound profile choice. Similar if I have an unscheduled meeting. I use the manual triggers quite often on the profile program I'm currently using. Yes, I can put the phone into silent mode easy enough, but I will forget about it until I think about why it is so quite during the day.

Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 95 of 177

2012-07-17, 21:41 PM

The features I would like seeing are repeating audible/vibrate notifications and the Pocket Detector and a Contact Group that can be used as a VIP Caller in a Sleep rule.  There are times I need to be available 24-7 without fail and would really appreciate a dependable selective Silent Mode.  Any word of enlightement here?

Options

11 Posts

01-11-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 96 of 177

2012-07-19, 3:07 AM

I would really like to see a smart action added that controls the notification volume.  I realize that the current ringer smart action will silence the notification in silent mode and will vibrate in vibrate mode, but I would like to have the smart action change my ringer to one volume and my notification to another or to vibrate or other scenarois.  It would be great to add other volumes as well, but the notification one would be fantastic.  

Thanks for keeping the great smart action updates coming.

Options

58 Posts

10-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 97 of 177

2012-07-20, 14:18 PM

Please add a media volume option (I'm not referring to ringer or notification) so that when I put it in the car dock for example the media volume can be raised. I use a tape adapter to listen to music and have to constantly adjust the volume each time get in/out of the car. Less time with my hands on the phone in the car the better. 

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 98 of 177

2012-07-24, 22:01 PM

I have not seen this one - but I got the idea from an article i read about VW in germany... they turn off their Exchange push (from the data center) from 7pm to 7am to make people disconnect - for work life balance.

So how about a smart action that would disable an email account during a certain time/day interval?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

1 Posts

08-06-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 99 of 177

2012-08-06, 16:33 PM

coachaddict said:

I would really like to see a smart action added that controls the notification volume.  I realize that the current ringer smart action will silence the notification in silent mode and will vibrate in vibrate mode, but I would like to have the smart action change my ringer to one volume and my notification to another or to vibrate or other scenarois.  It would be great to add other volumes as well, but the notification one would be fantastic.  

Thanks for keeping the great smart action updates coming.

Until they get this in SA, there's a free app in the market that will do this called cVolume next. 

Options

7 Posts

06-19-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 100 of 177

2012-08-15, 14:43 PM

Can VIP text messages be added as a Smartaction option to further enhance the application and supplement exsisting rules? VIP text message could be added as part of the sleep, work, or meeting rules, for instance. The option would allow a select group to contact the user quicker through audible notifications.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms