Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

12-03-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Launch Application

2013-03-05, 3:08 AM

SmartActions 4.2.2.4.0, (don't know what Smart Actions FW is....but it is 1.0.13)

My RAZR was recently updated to SA 4.2.2.4.0, all of my stored procedures were wiped (such is life, I didn't like them anyway). 

I noticed that one of the default SA's called "Drive" has an Action "Launch An App" of "Vehicle Mode". What is "Vehicle Mode" and how do I find out what the other "Motorola" applications are. Some look interesting.

thanks

Options

5 Posts

03-07-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Launch Application

2013-03-08, 15:39 PM

If you pair your device with a bluetooth while in your vehicle, the phone will automatically switch over to vehicle mode.  I have the Motorola Electrify M and just purchased it last week, so am still learning about this feature myself.

With SmartActions, I was able to put my phone in vehicle mode as soon as I turned the bluetooth on in my car.  I set that as the "trigger" and the "action" I then set were to have an auto reply message to incoming texts letting people know I was driving and that I'd get back to them when it was safe to do so...

I also joined this forum so I could learn more about it.

Options

35 Posts

06-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Launch Application

2013-03-13, 14:07 PM

I have my RAZR MAXX HD paired to two different bluetooth devices in separate vehicles.  When I turn bluetooth on in my phone in one car, it switches to vehicle mode just as you say.  But when I turn bluetooth on in the second car, it will not switch to vehicle mode.  

How do I make vehicle mode work in both cars?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms