Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-16-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 10

Location Trigger

2012-05-16, 13:05 PM

Hi,

I have a razr Maxx, and LOVE the smart actions app.  Well, I love the idea.  Unfortunately, the location trigger doesn't seem to work properly.  For instance, if My phone is in my desk dock, I don't need the ringer or notifications to go off, as I'm RIGHT in front of my computer.  So, I have an action set up with two triggers (location and dock), and one action (ringer volume set to silent).  The trouble is that the location trigger will not activate unless the dock trigger also activates.  Not a big deal when its in the dock, but if I slide it into a dock at home...For some reason it will come up with my work action, even though I'm not there.  

I've uninstalled, and reinstalled the update.  I haven't yet cleared the cache, or data.  Thought I'd ask on here first, to try and resolve the issue.  Thanks

Mike 

Options

39 Posts

04-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 10

Re: Location Trigger

2012-05-17, 1:21 AM

You need to make a rule with for each trigger in your case. The way you did with both triggers in one rule you won't get the action with both triggers.

I was having problems with my home rule kicking while was still driving and shutting off my GPS and BT (GPS side was really annoying because it would cause car finder errors because it hadn't been trigged yet to save location by dock removal) so I added a not charging trigger along with location trigger for my home rule so the rule won't kick in until I remove my Razr from the dock.

Options

4 Posts

05-16-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2012-05-17, 13:09 PM

Not sure I follow you 4x4...I'm having a problem with things not triggering, not too many things triggering at once.  If you can't have both triggers in one rule, the app is generally worthless.  I know you can have multiple triggers in one rule, as I have others that do work.  Just this one that acts funny.

Options

39 Posts

04-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2012-05-17, 17:38 PM

If you have more than 1 trigger in a rule they all have to be trigged in order for the rule to activate. If you want only 1 trigger to make an action happening it needs to be in it's own rule. Think about it like this if you have 2 locks on a door you need to unlock both locks before you can open the door, if there's only 1 lock you only need to unlock 1. So simply if you x or y to make z happen you make 2 rules, if want x and y make z happen you make 1 rule.

This does not make the app worthless, it makes it better as you have more control over how you control when it does something.

Options

4 Posts

05-16-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2012-05-17, 19:11 PM

Oh, Yeah, I know that both triggers have to be active to grant the action. My concern is that the location doesn't show individually. In my case, I have the action set to silence the ringer when BOTH location and dock conditions are met.  For instance, If I'm in my office, but don't have the phone in the dock, I should see the location trigger as active, but the dock trigger not active. That behavior really would help with trouble shooting. 

Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2012-05-17, 19:30 PM

At the present time I have 2 rules dependent upon locations and can not add a new location to a new rule.  Attempting to add an address to the list of locations has been futile.  Start from scratch, name it, choose Triggers (+), Locations (+) brings absolutely no cooperation.  Any suggestions?

Options

188 Posts

12-14-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2012-05-20, 2:09 AM

I'm not sure I understand your problem. I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page. From what I understand, there are two triggers for your action:

1. Location: At Work

2. Dock: In dock

The problem you are having is that it completely disregards the location trigger. It activates when you put it in your dock at home, and it activates when you put it in your dock at work. Is this correct?

Options

11 Posts

12-29-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2012-05-20, 18:59 PM

Hmmm, after reading your post a few times, it occurs to me that you may have more than one smart action with a trigger for the dock?  Is that correct?

If so, they may be conflicting and giving the smart action program some skitzoid issues. If that is the case, disable the 'other' rule(s) that has a dock trigger.  Now see if the "home" dock rule works. If it does, you may need to alter the 'other' rule to not conflict. Perhaps another location trigger in that one also?

Options

5 Posts

05-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2012-05-25, 20:07 PM

mdblitz, after you choose location look at the upper right for the green +.  press that + and you should be able to enter a location. Then select it and it will be active for that action.

Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2012-05-25, 20:53 PM
 Hey j.alvarado:
That is the procedure I used. When choosing the + the locations page would not allow me to put in a new location. A message would pop up claiming that the location already existed when in fact it did not. I went through the whole Social jazz numerous times without success. Finally I just removed the Action just swipe silent on the wakeup page.
Mike
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms