Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

04-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Phone doesn't switch back to Vibrate from Silent

2012-04-05, 1:01 AM

One of my Smart Actions is that at night a certain time will trigger my phone to: go to silent (not vibrate), diable-wifi, cellular data, and background sync. Send auto replys, and set VIP calling. I keep my phone set so it only vibrates on silent mode throughout the day. In the mornings when I wake up it wont swith back over to vibrate after the Smart Action switches it to silent. It is still on silent. I have to manually go into the phone and set it to vibrate from silent. Why wont it switch back to vibrate? It has no problem switching from vibrate or sound to silent.

Answer
Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Phone doesn't switch back to Vibrate from Silent

2012-04-06, 16:25 PM

Hi eastmsu,

Our testing team cannot reproduce this issue. Maybe your cache got confused. Here's acouple of suggestions that have worked for other users.

First check to see if your on the latest version 2.1.2.0.

Try deleting the rule, recreate it, then test. If that doesn't fix it, you can always clear the cache, but this is much more agressive and you will lose your custom rules. 

"Clear Data" by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications and tap on the SmartActions app. 

Replies(3)
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 2 of 4

2012-04-05, 1:34 AM

I would post in the Smart Actions section (@smartactionsexpert is fabulous about getting back to the users).  They might be able to figure out why vibrate doesn't trigger....

Good luck!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Answer
Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2012-04-06, 16:25 PM

Hi eastmsu,

Our testing team cannot reproduce this issue. Maybe your cache got confused. Here's acouple of suggestions that have worked for other users.

First check to see if your on the latest version 2.1.2.0.

Try deleting the rule, recreate it, then test. If that doesn't fix it, you can always clear the cache, but this is much more agressive and you will lose your custom rules. 

"Clear Data" by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications and tap on the SmartActions app. 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

8 Posts

04-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2012-04-09, 14:38 PM

I cleared the data and now it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the help!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms