Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

86 Posts

01-20-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 7

Quick one about future of smart actions

2012-02-23, 12:54 PM

so i have been toying with smart actions and it seems pretty good but as always has places to improve.

1. please add a "not" to the trigger category.....like if i do not find a wifi signal it will search for one every XX minutes, Or if it senses a certain locked wifi like work that i can not access it turns off wifi for XX amount of time, changes my ringer and other stuff.

2. please add programs as a trigger. If i open navigation i would like it to autmatically turn on gps, maybe brighten the screen and flip on my bluetooth for me. That would be the most usefull of triggers. That means i have to leave nothing on.

3. what about something that coordinates with the verizon data widget like.... if data is above 1.8 Gb dont download attachments on 4g without override, or dont allow netflix to run, or turn off auto update.

Anything else anyone would want on this list. i am sure there is a bit more..... @Matt is there anyway you could forward this thread to the powers that be in a few days once people have a chance to comment. With a non removable battery the more we can automate and leave off without being needed the better.

Options

276 Posts

10-13-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

Re: Quick one about future of smart actions

2012-02-23, 13:31 PM

I will chime in and totally agree with number 1 and 2!

Those would be excellent features to have. I have unlimited data so 3 does not really concern me, but I could also see that being useful for many people.

Also I notice if I try to set a behavior based on location it needs to have wi-fi on or GPS. Is it possible to just have tower based locationing be enough? I leave my wi-fi and GPS off unless I plan to actually use them, however, it would be nice to have wi-fi come on at work and shut off when I leave, or when I get out of range. Maybe there is a way to do this already, but everytime I try with wi-fi off it says I need wi-fi on for location, this kind of defeats what I am trying to do.

In general I have found the smart actions to be extremely useful, set up a few that really go a long way for battery life and functionality. So bravo on that!

Options

86 Posts

01-20-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2012-02-23, 14:23 PM

hey maybe even a little cpu control would be nice... not to overclock but to underclock and voltage at safe levels. control the battery better. like when i am at work or doing certain things.

Options

276 Posts

10-13-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2012-02-23, 15:12 PM

I could be mistaken, but I think the CPU and control system is already designed to change clocking and voltage depending on demand. The CPU should move through several states as the system requires.

Not sure more control than that would be needed. If I am wrong on this assumption someone please let me know.

Options

86 Posts

01-20-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2012-02-23, 15:17 PM

timss1964 said:

I could be mistaken, but I think the CPU and control system is already designed to change clocking and voltage depending on demand. The CPU should move through several states as the system requires.

Not sure more control than that would be needed. If I am wrong on this assumption someone please let me know.

you are both right and wrong......you are right that it changes based on what the system requires. However in my high opinion you are wrong in that more control is not needed. I would like to really slow the cpu when i am not using it in certain circumstances, Or eliminate multitasking while navigating somewhere just have it kill everything but navigation sms and talk. now i know i can kill somethings with current smart actions but making it global through the cpu would be great. this is not for everyone i can be sure but i would like to pick the cpu aggressive state. Sometimes i really dont need all that power at the sacrifice of my battery

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 6 of 7

2012-02-23, 15:55 PM

Moving to our new Smart Actions community.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2012-02-23, 16:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback, the Smart Actions team is open to suggestions. We already have a thread started here

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms