Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

05-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 17
  • Registered: ‎05-12-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 23

RAZR MAXX Smart Actions / VIP Caller Not Working

2012-05-14, 19:15 PM

I very recently purchased the RAZR MAXX after much research and reading regarding the phone, battery life (of course), and the Smart Actions feature.  Thinking that I can downsize from two smartphones into one.  Unfortunately, this is not going as well as planned.


I am a small business owner and needing the ability to silence the ringer on incoming calls; except for those from certain contacts that I need to be audible after-hours...


I've gone into Smart Actions and done the following:


  1. Create a new rule "from scratch" named "After Hours"

  2. The only trigger is "Timeframe" and specified as the following:


  1. Mon, Tue, Wed & Thu from 8pm until 8am.

  2. Fri from 1pm until 11:59pm.

  3. Weekends: Sat & Sun (all day)

Actions are specified as the following:

  1. Ringer Volume is specified as "Silent"

  2. VIP Caller Mode: and the specified contacts I wish to activate an audible ringer during the specified times listed during the timeframe trigger are in this list.  Ringer volume is set to MAX and the vibrate option is selected/active.

The rule has been successfully saved and is showing as being active as we are currently in the time specified for this rule to trigger.

Now the heart of the issue: After receiving a call from a number that is not on the VIP list, my RAZR MAXX will no longer sound an audible ring on ANY incoming calls until the "After Hours" rule timeframe has passed.  This is including calls from individuals that ARE in fact, in the VIP caller list...


My personal mobile is in the VIP caller list as a way for me to test the audible ringer.  A test call from my mobile phone does activate an audible ringer and the phone vibrates.


Now, if I receive a call from a business customer while the After Hours rule is activated, of course the phone does not ring nor vibrate.  The phone only lights up for the duration of the ring time until the caller is sent to voicemail.


After receiving the call from the business customer, I placed a test call from my personal smartphone.  Incoming calls from this my personal mobile WOULD trigger an audible ringer previous to receiving a call from a number that was NOT on the VIP list.  Now, the phone remains silent, no vibrate alert, no audible ringer.  The phone only illuminates until the call is routed to voicemail.


 


I've tried basic troubleshooting: uninstall updates and reinstall updates for the Smart App.  Have deleted and recreated the Smart App rules.  Restarted the phone.  Nothing seems to work...


Could someone please give me a clue as to what may be the "smoking gun" for this.  A quick search of the web features others that had mentioned the same issue with their handsets but no real resolution to this problem.  And, I really would like to be able to use this feature of the new device, otherwise I just purchased a new $300 phone to carry around beside my Droid X.  In that case, I may as well just return the MAXX and return to my previous Droid X.


Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks,


Reply
Options

423 Posts

02-10-2010

United States of America

78 Signins

3492 Page Views

  • Posts: 423
  • Registered: ‎02-10-2010
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 3492
  • Message 2 of 23

Re: RAZR MAXX Smart Actions / VIP Caller Not Working

2012-05-16, 19:23 PM

Bumping this - it was originally posted in the Razr/Razr Maxx forum. Hoping smartactionsexpert could chime in on this...

Reply
Options

17 Posts

05-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 17
  • Registered: ‎05-12-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 23

Re: RAZR MAXX Smart Actions / VIP Caller Not Working

2012-05-16, 22:01 PM

Thank you.  I did repost it to the Smart Actions forum at the direction of others from the RAZR MAXX forum.



rkeller62 said:

Bumping this - it was originally posted in the Razr/Razr Maxx forum. Hoping smartactionsexpert could chime in on this...



 

Reply
Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 91
  • Registered: ‎05-01-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 23

Re: RAZR MAXX Smart Actions / VIP Caller Not Working

2012-05-17, 16:27 PM

 I would like to create a night time silent mode for phone ringer, text and email notifications with a few exceptions.  Reading the post above makes me wary to do so.  We all need our sleep but sometimes we absolutely must respond to some calls without exception.  If after responding to such a call and returning to bed after a couple hours, the furthest thing from my mind would be fiddling with my phone.  Will Smart Actions help me?

Reply
Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 140
  • Registered: ‎02-15-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 23

Re: RAZR MAXX Smart Actions / VIP Caller Not Working

2012-05-22, 21:57 PM

Hi troyw3412,


I have two options to fix your rule:


 


1) Try deleting the rule, recreate it, then test. 


 


2) If that doesn't fix your issue, you can always clear the cache, but this is much more aggressive and you will lose your custom rules.


"Clear Data" by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications and tap on the SmartActions app.


 


If that doesn't work then we can discuss further.

Reply
Options

17 Posts

05-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 17
  • Registered: ‎05-12-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 23

Re: RAZR MAXX Smart Actions / VIP Caller Not Working

2012-05-27, 14:16 PM

Thank you for the suggestions.  I found those solutions afterr a quick google search when I first discovered this problem.  Sadly, this only corrects the issue until he first call comes in that I do not wish for the phone to alert me of an incoming call.  And then the phone continues to remain silent for all incoming calls; including 'VIP CALLERS'.


 



SmartActionsExpert said:

Hi troyw3412,


I have two options to fix your rule:


 


1) Try deleting the rule, recreate it, then test. 


 


2) If that doesn't fix your issue, you can always clear the cache, but this is much more aggressive and you will lose your custom rules.


"Clear Data" by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications and tap on the SmartActions app.


 


If that doesn't work then we can discuss further.



 

Reply
Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 91
  • Registered: ‎05-01-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 7 of 23

Re: RAZR MAXX Smart Actions / VIP Caller Not Working

2012-06-12, 0:22 AM
Troy, I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution? Next week I will need to be available 24-7 and would like to use Smart Action. Frustration is beginning to creep into my droid relationship. So far it is messed up for me. Is there a 3rd party app that works?
Reply
Options

17 Posts

05-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 17
  • Registered: ‎05-12-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 8 of 23

Re: RAZR MAXX Smart Actions / VIP Caller Not Working

2012-06-12, 0:36 AM

Mdblitz,


Unfortunately, there is not yet a solution to this problem that I have found.  Unfortunately, the only thing I have found is to use the DW Contacts application that was listed before.  Then manually switch the rules on and off when the time frames roll around, as apparently there's a glitch somewhere between the Android OS, Motorola's overlay, and the DW Contacts app.


Over the past few weeks, there have been other issues discovered with this phone that has led me to pure discontent with Motorola and their products.  I'm now having to restart the phone multiple times throughout the day as it seems to randomly lose the data connection and will literally sit there, connecting to the 4G network, then disconnect.  Verizon is sending a replacement phone.  I'd rather tell them to take this piece of $h#+ back, void the contract and I will go with something else.


This will be the LAST Motorola product I ever purchase!  Have never been frustrated with a phone.  Not even the old BlackBerry Storm2 that I was so happy to get rid of after the first year...


 



troyw3412 said:

Thank you for the suggestions.  I found those solutions afterr a quick google search when I first discovered this problem.  Sadly, this only corrects the issue until he first call comes in that I do not wish for the phone to alert me of an incoming call.  And then the phone continues to remain silent for all incoming calls; including 'VIP CALLERS'.


 



SmartActionsExpert said:

Hi troyw3412,


I have two options to fix your rule:


 


1) Try deleting the rule, recreate it, then test. 


 


2) If that doesn't fix your issue, you can always clear the cache, but this is much more aggressive and you will lose your custom rules.


"Clear Data" by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications and tap on the SmartActions app.


 


If that doesn't work then we can discuss further.



 



 

Reply
Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 91
  • Registered: ‎05-01-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 9 of 23

Re: RAZR MAXX Smart Actions / VIP Caller Not Working

2012-06-12, 1:14 AM
Troy, thank you. Many people have posted elsewhere of dropping connections. My opinion, as a forum expert stated there are growing pains. "4g" upgrades, and probably MoGoDroid. My dumb phone never notified me of emails not critical to my responsibilities. I only need to respond 24-7 for a week at a time to a few numbers. No texts or emails. Manual ain't smart but may be my recourse. I will always remember thethe look on the faces of my one son and girlfriend when I toldthem I "upgraded " to a DROID.
Reply
Options

17 Posts

05-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 17
  • Registered: ‎05-12-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 10 of 23

Re: RAZR MAXX Smart Actions / VIP Caller Not Working

2012-06-12, 1:41 AM

Mdblitz,


Thank you for the tip.  The more I am reading about this phone, the more disgusted I am becoming with this phone and Verizon as well.


Seems that each of the reasons I decided to buy this phone simply DON'T WORK.  Smart actions = FAIL!  4G LTE = FAIL!


Sorry for ranting, and this is the last post I make on the topic.  I realize there are now two issues that I am working against.  But hoping someone may have a cure for this thing before I return to the Verizon store and raise enough ruckus that they take this thing back.  Unfortunately, I have been patient past the 14-day period, so may have to get downright angry to get it resolved.


 



mdblitz said:

Troy, thank you. Many people have posted elsewhere of dropping connections. My opinion, as a forum expert stated there are growing pains. "4g" upgrades, and probably MoGoDroid. My dumb phone never notified me of emails not critical to my responsibilities. I only need to respond 24-7 for a week at a time to a few numbers. No texts or emails. Manual ain't smart but may be my recourse. I will always remember thethe look on the faces of my one son and girlfriend when I toldthem I "upgraded " to a DROID.

 

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms