Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

07-13-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Razr Maxx ICS Cannot link volumes, lost widgets

2012-07-13, 22:56 PM

Hi, I got the ICS update, but now my smart actions cannot control notification volume...?  Also, I cannot link volumes anymore, so the volume buttons do nothing for me anymore.  Turn down ringer, sure....but then notifications and alerts just blast through without having to manually adjust each one!  Why was this removed?  Please fix this!

Also, since the update, the emal widget only allows you to select either one account to display, or all combined??  Why?  I have 6 accounts...combined view is just a mess.  On GB, you could select the account right there on the widget.  Now, you have to go into the email, then switch it.  This is annoying and I do not get why this would be removed? 

That is the same for the news widget and the social media app...where did they go?  They were better than any other widgets out there and now they are gone...unless I am just looking in the wrong place?

Motorola/Verizon, PLEASE fix at least the volume thing.  I have tried nearly every app out there, even paid ones, and none can permanently link the volumes AND link to the side buttons. 

Thanks

Options

85 Posts

06-19-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Razr Maxx ICS Cannot link volumes, lost widgets

2012-07-14, 12:59 PM

I think that Moto is moving away from widgets and towards live icons instead.  The live icons look awesome and hopefully, the RAZR MAXX receives some of these in the near future as well. Here is a link about some of the features in the Atrix HD that has live icons.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/12/new-motoblur-on-atrix-hd-introduces-live-icons-and-an-awesome-clock-widget/

As far as your volume linking, they removed it with ICS so you may be at a loss with that unless they change it back in a later version of Android.  It seems like they do this from time to time.  They will remove features and then add them back. One thing you can do though is set your phone to silent from the lock screen.  This turns the notifications off on my phone.

Options

18 Posts

07-13-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Razr Maxx ICS Cannot link volumes, lost widgets

2012-07-16, 22:02 PM

Thanks, those things do look neat, I hope they bring them over soon!

For the volume, yes, the lock screen will do that, but for me, I want the ringer on, but the notifications off at night....or, both at the same low level during the work day.  Also strange, if I silence the phone with the buttons, it shows the silenced icon in the notifications bar just like if I did it with the lock screen....however, the notifications still come through!  Like the lock screen controls all, but the silenced via buttons does not. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms