Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

06-02-2013

United States

5 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 4

Ring for important people

2013-06-02, 11:16 AM

I have tried to search and dont find this already posted

I use the sleep smart action at night and have it set so it rings for important people it rings just for my family and my soon to be in laws and one or two friends and one other contact that would only call or text me between 10pm and 9am if it was important . That setting works for all but one contact. Here is the issue, I know why its not working but not how to make it work if there is a way to. I am a volunteer Firefighter and my deparment uses text paging along with a audio pager. With the text paging the text do not come from a phone number but instead comes from a email address 2 diffren email addresses infact one for actual calls and a diffrent one for inhouse anouncments and this is where this setting fails to work. is there a way to make it work for the contact regardless of the adress it comes from wether its a pone numbe or email address so long as all thats under the contact info for that contact. I reallly like using the sleep with ring silence so when I get a text late at night I do get woke up as I get text from services some time at night that I dont need to be woke up for. But I really want to have my phone ring for the text received from the Text Paging as I have a ringer set thats a recording of the sound of the audio pager going of and in case the audio pager dose not go off my phone will wake me.

I hope someone can help or maybe this could be something Motorola incorprates in to a update for the smart actions

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Ring for important people

2013-06-02, 18:04 PM

I tried to figure out someway to get this to work but I cant figure out how to send myself a text with a email address showing when I receive it. I always get some number.

So it shows up as an email address and without any numbers?

Options

7 Posts

06-02-2013

United States

5 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-06-02, 21:34 PM
Yes it just shows up as a email address. I've tested it by adding myself to the action and sending it to my phone via **********@text.com originally when I was trying to see if I could get it working
Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-06-02, 22:48 PM

I'm stumped on a work around. I don't have a way to send myself a sms with an email address to myself. sad

There was an app that would forward sms text with a certain word to another number, but it still keeps the same number its sent from. I was hoping it would change to my number and then you could get the sms as your number at least.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms