Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-30-2013

Romania

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

SMARTACTIONS: New Trigger Updates???

2013-06-30, 19:07 PM

Like everyone here in this forum, we all basically want our phones to last throughout the day.  And with the help of SMARTACTIONS, we can, to a certain extent.  Of coarse we still using Advance Task Killers and other apps at our disposal to make the battery last even longer and some phones do a better job than others.

My question is for SMARTACTIONS. Will you develop a update to go along with SMARTACTIONS, so that one of the triggers will be 'low signal reception'?  Why 'low signal reception'? well, i'm a technician and I happen to be in a lot of different places where you really can't get any reception.  So I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if my phones SMARTACTION app could sense a low signal (thats no bars at all) for say 2 minutes and then automatically go in "Airplane Mode" (which shuts off all data/signal transmission) and then when the phone does get back signal strength (lets say minimum 1 bar status) for say 2 minutes that the phone data/signal transmission comes back online.

This Trigger will greatly help all our phones battery life.

Because now without this trigger. I am left to choose the current ones but it only does so much for me. And when i am working I have little time to play with my phone and turn things off. What usually happens is that by the time i do need my phone, it's backing is hot because I  was in an environment that had no signal and the phone was searching for a signal throughout that period of time and became hot and depleated the battery all together.

Is there a Trigger in the works? If not. Heres the Idea. Don't have to even reward me. Just create it! and put it out for all network updates... :-)

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: SMARTACTIONS: New Trigger Updates???

2013-07-01, 16:28 PM

Although it would be nice if a phone could save battery in low signal areas - there are a few problems with this approach:

- if you want to be available in case of an emergency, then just being in a building with poor reception could leave you compeletely out of contact if this rule kicks in

- the biggest problem, is that by putting the phone in airplane mode, it is incapable of detecting a signal of any kind, so you would never know when a stronger signal is available. If you tried this on a timer, i would suspect that you would use more battery power with the constant on and off and reconnect of the phone, then you would by just leaving it on. 

Unfortunately the only solution to a weak signal area is charger or external/internal battery. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

10 Posts

11-30-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2013-07-04, 21:24 PM

This would be nice but I dont see it happening.  I wish they would update the smart actions though as it seems to need some help.  It is a great idea just needs a little work. 

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-07-05, 12:57 PM

I do like smart actions, but if you need  a trigger or action that it doesn't have, there are other apps in the play store that do similar things.

Search for profile manager or profile switcher. 

One that i have started using, and i like is called Llama - it uses cell towers for location profiles - not as accurate as GPS, but it does all that smartActions does and more. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms