Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

10-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Screenshot Bug? !!

2012-11-11, 18:26 PM
I experimented with SA for a couple of weeks. (It's not very good). But one serious defect is that it APPEARS to conflict with taking a screenshot (holding Power & Vol-down keys simultaneously). That functionality suddenly disappeared a couple of weeks ago, but I never made the association with SA (because I add/delete so much stuff). But I just disabled SA - and guess what - screenshot is working again.

Coincidence? I don't think so!
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Screenshot Bug? !!

2012-11-11, 18:32 PM

I use SAs and take screen shots without a problem...so was there an SA active when you took the shot?  What were the settings?  Let's see if this is a bug or it's something that we can troubleshoot.

Options

6 Posts

10-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2012-11-11, 22:14 PM
I use(d) essentially two settings; a default and a sleep. In both situations, "screenshot" simply acted to lower volume (as Irish hadn't held the power button. As soon as I deactivated SA, I was able to take screenshots. I'm delighted - so I won't bee doing any more regression testingon this de:ice.

(Oh, and by the way, does anyone e know when GOOG is going to fix text edition g? Impossible le to re-cuee thee cursorr to corre' typos - I jus5 leave them now. (I-Pho e here's I come).
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 4 of 5

2012-11-11, 22:36 PM

While there may be an issue here, to take a screenshot, you have to press the two buttons at the same time and hold them for a couple of seconds until you hear the shutter sound.  If one goes down before the other, it won't work, and if it's the volume down button that goes down first, you will lower the volume.  I had to practice a bit before I got it so that I could get a screenshot much more often than the phone trying to shut itself down (hitting power first), or lower the volume.

I have a Razr, and text editing is easy.  I use Swype, and when I make a typo (which is often) I touch the screen and got the box draggy thing that makes it easy to place the cursor wherever you want.

Which keyboard are you using?

Options

6 Posts

10-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2012-11-12, 3:43 AM
I've taken loads of screenshots with the Razr and with other phones (process was very similar using the Rezound (horrible phone - I tried 3 (free replacements) before my Moto. Just doesn't work with SA.

As far as text editors, I've tried a dozen (including Swype) - I like Smart Keyboard (Pro); it has a functionality called Custom Auto Text, which allows user-defined keystroke macros - e.g. when I type haa, it automatically puts in Haagen Dazs. Or when I type z, it offers me a selection of my address or zip-code. Like 02021. I love it for filling out forms, and for short cuts. 351 pups my credit card info, so I can quickly enter it to make a payment. 02/13 <- like that, which is my card expiration

Anyway, ive played around with various editors without any uck on any of my i phones as far as the randomized cursor. It never lands anywhere near where i press. Im quite sure its a google issue.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms