Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-25-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 9

Separate the Ringer an Notifications Volume

2012-11-30, 21:55 PM

Hi,

I just spent an hour and a half talking with support through chat and level 2 support through Motorola's call center. The most recent update mentions that you've "Added Support to control Notification Volume  along with Ringer Volume". I had assumed that this had fixed my problem that I had with this application, but was greatly confused when it didn't.

I want an action to adjust my Ringer Volume and an action to adjust my Notification Volume. I want them to be separate settings, not combined. I have read multiple threads posted previously in this forum from people complaining that they need to have the volume of their notifications all the way up, or their ringer volume up while they are sleeping for work. 

As a Systems Administrator I want to be able to sleep at night. I don't want to hear pinging from people emailing me at 4 AM. I work for a company that has associates all over the world, so this happens regularly. I do however NEED to have my ringer volume up in case our equipment has issues at our DC. 

I understand that you want to keep the application streamlined and as simple as possible, but it really will not cause confusion to have the same volume sliders that Android has within settings. It does not seem like it would be that difficult to add the 4 volume sliders for Media, Ringtone, Notifications, and Alarms. It would actually make MUCH more sense to users than it does now. (Especially considering I spent an hour and a half on the phone with support over a poorly worded update description)

Fix this and you please a lot of people. 

Options

1 Posts

12-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

Re: Separate the Ringer an Notifications Volume

2012-12-01, 1:12 AM
Don't know why they can't get this fixed! It is useless without the ability set the volume for ringer and notification individually. Notification should also be separated into two category text/email as well.
Options

147 Posts

03-13-2011

United States of America

28 Signins

378 Page Views

• Views: 378
  • Message 3 of 9

2012-12-06, 20:42 PM

Well, I don't know about USELESS, but it would sure be a whole lot more useFUL if we could change the text notifications independent of the phone ringer and web-based program notifications.    I hope the Smart Actions folks can address this soon!

Options

36 Posts

03-31-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2012-12-07, 1:50 AM

I agree with the OP. I hoped the update would make this feature useful for me but it did not. I think a lot of people wonder why Google messed with the volume settings. Gingerbread had it right, the user could separate or join the volumes with a check box, depending on how they used their pohones.

Options

7 Posts

08-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2012-12-08, 21:02 PM

endif:

then

stop attempt SA

purchase 3rd party apps

cross fingers

I too got very frustrated trying to make the moto provided app do something useful.  I have relegated SA to very unimportant actions if at all.  In exactly 12 months Google/Android and their apps won't frustrate me any more with their finicky, glitchy actions to lofty ambitions.

Ditto

Options

9 Posts

06-15-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2012-12-17, 3:17 AM

I agree they need to seperate all the volumes. I don't have a home phone, so I want any calls to be able to be heard not just VIP. I don't get phone calls when I'm trying to sleep unless it is an emergency and you never know where those calls are going to come from.

I just upgraded my phone and was hoping Smart Actions would work for controlling my volumes, but it can't do it the way I want it... so I am using AudioGuru again.

Options

1 Posts

03-21-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2013-03-21, 17:11 PM

Hi all !

I would also require separating the volumes, when I'm at work : lower all the volumes because I work on the phone.

But when I'm in the car : It's my music player : so I want it to set the Media Volume to 90% !

Some Poeple would like their phone not to ring (ring vol =0%) but to sound when SMSes arrive (sms vol = 30%) etc ...

Options

12 Posts

04-10-2013

United States

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 8 of 9

2013-04-10, 14:50 PM

Agree with OP.

-Eric

Options

1 Posts

07-17-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2013-07-17, 9:20 AM

I agree too... My last phone was able to do it, but then again it was rooted with CyanogenMod 4.2.2 and "built in" to system settings.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms