Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-29-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

Silence system alarms - let phone ring

2012-11-29, 21:25 PM

I am wondering if there is a way with Smartactions to have a night mode where the phone will ring but the system sounds like email and text message are silent.

Options

26 Posts

06-03-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Silence system alarms - let phone ring

2012-11-30, 14:30 PM

You could always disable mobile data and WiFi. That way you don't get any notifications but eh phone still rings. I do that at night and also set the phone to Silent, but add family members to the VIP list so if they call, it rings anyway.

Disabling mobile data also has two other advantages. No notification light blinking all night and no data use at night.

Options

147 Posts

03-13-2011

United States of America

28 Signins

378 Page Views

• Views: 378
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Silence system alarms - let phone ring

2012-12-06, 20:33 PM

Disabling mobile data works fine for email, Facebook and other web-based program notifications, but not text messages, unfortunately.  I like the text notification during the day, but don't want to hear it at night.  I do, however, need my ringer to be on in case of emergency.  Adding all of the people who might need to call me to a VIP list would be a major headache to manage.  So for now, I just have to remember to go into the  Sounds settings and turn down notifications every night, and then remember to turn them back up during the day.  Sounds like exactly what Smart Actions was created to do - I hope it gains that ability someday soon!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms