Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-09-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Smart Actions Location Trigger unreliable in ICS

2012-07-10, 0:05 AM

Hello,

I've just updated my Razr Maxx to ICS several days ago and ever since then the Location trigger I use for work is completely unreliable. It's constantly turning on and off all day long. I mainly use the smart action here to make sure my phone is automatically on vibrate throughout the day at work and I can't really rely on it at this point. Prior to updating to ICS it worked perfectly.

I noticed you do not need to leave WIFI on anymore for location triggers to work, but at the same time I see wifi in my battery usage while wifi has toggled off. Is this new version manually turning on WIFI to determine location? I've tried leaving WIFI on and it doesn't seem to make a difference, it's still inconsistent.

Also, I've already tried resetting Smart Actions to default and wiping out all smart actions and starting from scratch. It did not seem to help.

Thanks for any help.

Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart Actions Location Trigger unreliable in ICS

2012-07-20, 22:08 PM

Hi SLAYER6669,

We are totally looking into this. I have seen a few other threads with similar comments and appreciate your comments. Will get back to you if our investigation turns up an aswer.

Options

1 Posts

08-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart Actions Location Trigger unreliable in ICS

2012-08-24, 14:37 PM

I have a Droid 4 and I have similiar problems.  It seems that it can find my Home just fine, but when I go anywhere else, the location in Smart Actions gets a bit out of whack.  Like this morning it thought I was in Africa, thereform my Work profile (in NJ) did not trigger.  It also seems to toggle a lot.  I've even tried keeping the GPS on to help it get a lock, and it just doesn't get it all the time.  But if I check in Maps, it's dead on to my location.

Any news on this would be great!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms