Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

06-25-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Smart Actions - Location not working with ICS

2012-07-02, 22:40 PM

Hello all,

Looking for some help. I love the idea of smart actions, but I constantly seem to have issues. I always have problems here and there with smart actions on the GB software, but I recently upgraded to ICS and I was hoping it would be improved. I see there is now an option to allow the phone to detect its location without needing wifi which is nice, but I still cant get it to work.

I have a "Work" smart action set up, but even right at this very moment I am at home and it thinks I am at work. I am even connected to my home wifi on the phone, still thinks I am at work. So I manually shut off the work smart action, and then re-enabled it. A second later it pops up that I am at work again. I open up the "Map" App and it shows me at home, why in the world would it think I am still at work. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks very much.

Options

120 Posts

06-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Actions - Location not working with ICS

2012-07-02, 22:45 PM

Give this a shot.  Delete all of your smart actions, restart your phone, and one by one rebuild them.  I had a conflict with two of my SA when I switched over to ICS and had to rebuild all of them to get them to work.

It is defintiely worth working on!

Let us know if that works.

Options

9 Posts

06-25-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2012-07-02, 22:46 PM

Worth a shot! I will give it a try, thanks for the quick response.

Options

4 Posts

08-02-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2012-08-02, 16:20 PM

I have issues with Smart Actions since ICS update.  I have gone so far as to Factory reset my phone, but I find it difficult to create a new SA without settings being lost when switching screens.  If I want to set up a SA for Work and go to select a saved location (even if that location was created new), the setting does not stick from the location screen to the SA Profile screen.  Very frustrating.

I've also seen the same issues with creating Tasks (not persisting changes when switching between pages within the same app, but multiple tasks get created).  Anyone else seeing this?

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 5 of 5

2012-08-02, 18:19 PM

I've moved this to the Smart Actions community so our experts can check it out.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms