Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

05-16-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Smart Actions Not working

2012-05-18, 13:05 PM

Have just bought a new UK RAZR XT910. Have set up smart actions and have them enabled, but no matter what I do, disable, re-enable, delete, re-create, reboot, check DST time settings, nothing works.

Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong. I read help across the web, and the consensus seems to be that smart actions is buggy and temperamental.

Thanks

Options

11 Posts

12-29-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Actions Not working

2012-05-20, 18:49 PM

Have you tried some manual actions?  What I mean is to setup a smart action that has no trigger.  That way you control it. This will let you know if the program is able to manipulate your RAZR.

For example: open smart actions and click the "+" at teh top right to add an action.  Select add from scratch.
Leave trigger blank and at the action, press "+" and add cellular data (set to disble)
Also add, WiFi (set to enable)

Now, you can manual turn that action on/off to kill 3G/4G and wifi on.

Activate it and your status should show your 3G/4G icon go away.
Turn the rule off and you should see 3G/4G come back.

If that happens, then your triggers are either conflicted or not setup right.

If you can't manually manipulate settings, then in looks like smart actions is not able to manipulate your phone - at that point, might consider a factory reset.

Hope that helps,

Brian

Options

19 Posts

05-16-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2012-05-20, 19:19 PM

Thanks. Been testing them one at a time as also thought was a conflict.

Tried your test and worked:

Activate it and your status should show your 3G/4G icon go away.
Turn the rule off and you should see 3G/4G come back.

Baffling me, but will continue to set and test one at a time. Either conflicting or the conditions are being met. Would to hear other member's experiences.

Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2012-05-22, 22:28 PM

So all Triggers are not working?  Hard to tell what is not working for you, no description of what rules your trying to run.

Have you tried one of the sample rules such as "workout?"  Just plug in your headphones and the app you choose should launch. That would be a good test.

Options

19 Posts

05-16-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2012-05-26, 16:03 PM

SmartActionsExpert said:

So all Triggers are not working?  Hard to tell what is not working for you, no description of what rules your trying to run.

Have you tried one of the sample rules such as "workout?"  Just plug in your headphones and the app you choose should launch. That would be a good test.

Hi SAExpert

As I said I tried the suggested tests and started to work. However, for me this seems very buggy and temperamental. Something should work immediately without the need for reboot etc.

Overall, I have some actions based on a combined time and display condition, some work mostly. EG:

1. DOESN'T WORK: If Display is OFF AND TimeFrame IS NIGHT THEN Disable ALL Flight Mode ON etc

2. WORKS: IF Display IS OFF AND TImeFrame is Weekend THEN SET RInger Volume to Vibrate and 80%

What would be nice to have is more complex conditions.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms