Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

423 Posts

02-10-2010

United States of America

78 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Views: 3492
  • Message 1 of 12

Smart Actions not updating

2012-03-22, 11:58 AM

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I saw that there was an update to Smart Actions yesterday in the Google Play Store. When I tried to apply the update, I received a message that there was an error downloading the update. I could not get this message to clear, so I tried uninstalling the previous updates and then re-applying the updates. Now, I get the message "Your order is pocessing, your item will be available in a few minutes." I have cleared cache and data for the play store and rebooted my Droid Razr several times, but I cannot cleare this message. Anyone else experiencing issues with applying the latest Smart Actions update?

Answer
Options

423 Posts

02-10-2010

United States of America

78 Signins

3492 Page Views

Re: Smart Actions not updating

2012-03-30, 15:45 PM

Okay, so I just replied stating that my issue was not solved and then found the solution to the problem! Since I was actually on my laptop reading this forum (I am usually on my phone), I decided to try and access the Google Play Store from my laptop browser and install the Smart Actions update from there. Lo and behold, the update pushed down to my phone and installed!

For anyone else experiencing this problem, go to play.google.com in a web browser from any PC. Search for the Smart Actions app and then select "Install". If you are not logged in you will be prompted to. Be sure to log in with the Google account that you have setup on your Phone. Once you do that it should push the update to your phone and install it. I am now on version 2.1.2.0.

Replies(11)
Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 12

2012-03-22, 19:11 PM

You didn't completely unistall the app, correct? Did you have the latest version before the update.

You can try installing again. I will follow up on my end here, I haven't heard of this issue yet.

Options

423 Posts

02-10-2010

United States of America

78 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2012-03-22, 20:37 PM
You can't fully uninstall the app on the Droid Razr. The only option is to uninstall updates.

I was on the latest version before this started, now I am on whatever version installed with the last OTA update.
Options

276 Posts

10-13-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2012-03-23, 19:42 PM
 Is the smart action update only for the razor? There is none for the D4. We want some love too!!! lol
Options

3 Posts

03-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2012-03-24, 17:22 PM

I am getting the same error message. What is the most recent version of Smart Actions ? My version is 2.1.1.0

Is there any other way to update other than doing so through the Google Play Store. Because i didn't get Smart Actions through the store, it came pre-installed with my phone.(Razr Maxx) Being that it came pre-installed, does it automatically update ?

Options

3 Posts

03-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2012-03-30, 2:07 AM

Okay, so appaerntly no one reads this forum. Hmmmm

Options

423 Posts

02-10-2010

United States of America

78 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2012-03-30, 15:38 PM

SimpleMan said:

I am getting the same error message. What is the most recent version of Smart Actions ? My version is 2.1.1.0

Is there any other way to update other than doing so through the Google Play Store. Because i didn't get Smart Actions through the store, it came pre-installed with my phone.(Razr Maxx) Being that it came pre-installed, does it automatically update ?

Sorry for the delay, haven't been keeping a close eye on this thread. Even though the app came pre-installed on your phone the updates are being handled in the Google Play Store. I am actually hnhow on version 2.0.68 because I "Uninstalled updates" to try and fix my update issue. Just tried again and still getting the same message when trying to update Smart Actions via the Google Play Store. Wish someone from Motorola would chime in on this with a suggestion.

Answer
Options

423 Posts

02-10-2010

United States of America

78 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2012-03-30, 15:45 PM

Okay, so I just replied stating that my issue was not solved and then found the solution to the problem! Since I was actually on my laptop reading this forum (I am usually on my phone), I decided to try and access the Google Play Store from my laptop browser and install the Smart Actions update from there. Lo and behold, the update pushed down to my phone and installed!

For anyone else experiencing this problem, go to play.google.com in a web browser from any PC. Search for the Smart Actions app and then select "Install". If you are not logged in you will be prompted to. Be sure to log in with the Google account that you have setup on your Phone. Once you do that it should push the update to your phone and install it. I am now on version 2.1.2.0.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

03-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2012-03-30, 21:55 PM

rkeller62 said:

Worked like a charm ! Thank You

I posted here because i figured a Smart Actions Expert would chime in with some input.

Once again, Tanks for posting your findings for this issue.

Options

276 Posts

10-13-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2012-03-30, 22:40 PM
 What's a laptop? lol. Between my phone and my Xoom I might open my laptop once every couple of months! Sooo....I have to boot up my laptop...wait for windows and my virus software to do a bajillion updates....reboot twice at least...then I can update SA on my phone? Wow.....Cmon moto. You can do better than that. Obviously the update issue is an issue.....I uninstalled updates, cleared cache on sa and play store.....still same error message. OK....on to the hard way! Thanks for the push update through the computer tip. Too bad that is what it takes though...... thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)