Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

05-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 19

Smart Actions

2012-05-24, 15:31 PM

My smart actions kick in when they are not supposed to.  This is only happeneing with location smart actions only.  I can be miles away and the smart actions kicks in or I'm in the location that it should kick in for and it does not work.  I checked Google Maps and it shows me where I should be so I'm not sure where smart actions is getting it's location from.  I have had to resort to manually starting the "smart" action I need or have had to disable those that kick in when they shouldn't.  Has anyone figured out a sollution to this?  My wife is having the same problem with her phone also so I'm sure it's not my phone only.

Options

746 Posts

02-06-2012

United States

3 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 2 of 19

Re: Smart Actions

2012-05-24, 16:14 PM

I haven't gotten too involved with my use of Smart Actions but I've heard location doesn't work yet.  Or it only does based on wifi.  Anyways there's a Smart Actions forum here you should check out and hopefully get some answers.

Options

39 Posts

04-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 19

2012-05-24, 17:36 PM

I haven't had problems with it not triggering an action unles wifi is off, it requiring wifi did cause some issue until I discovered the Verizon wifi autoswitch app. Once using the Verizon wifi app I did have an issue of my home location kicking in before I actually got home and the home action turner off data, GPS and BT while I was still driving which in hand also triggered errors on Motorola car find since my phone had not been removed from the car dock yet. I took care of that issue by adding not charging to home trigger so it doesn't get triggered until I undock my phone.

Options

4283 Posts

12-10-2006

United States

100 Signins

922 Page Views

• Views: 922
  • Message 4 of 19

2012-05-25, 1:29 AM

i moved this thread to the section dedicated to smart actions where this team watches to help you get a better answer.

Options

5 Posts

05-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 19

2012-05-25, 20:17 PM

I have wifi on all the time.  Say for example i'm at the courthouse, they have wifi there and my phone picks it up but it will not place me there, or it will, depending on how if feels that day.  I will be at my office four miles away and it will place me at the courthouse.  We don't have wifi at my office but i have all locators set to on on my phone.  I even tried shutting off certain ones, google, stand alone, vzw, and it still won't accurately locate me.  I tried re-booting once and it worked for a minute, then it stopped working.  I have my phone to go silent at night, only when i'm at home in case i'm out on an assignment at which time i still want it to ring, but it won't activate unless i take off the location feature.  That negates the feature all together.

Options

6 Posts

01-07-2010

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 6 of 19

2012-05-29, 21:36 PM

I have tried to set an office mode based on time of day and location where the phone would go to vibrate for all alerts and notifications however it only works <50% of the time. My sleep mode SA works 100% of the time as is solely based on time schedule so I assume the location based stuff is still a work in progress.

Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 19

2012-06-12, 12:49 PM

I have not been able to get Smart Actions to work.  It seems as though it is an all or nothing situation.  I went to the local Verizon store yesterday to get some help. All I want to do is set up a rule that silences my phone during a particular time of day except for the contacts in a VIP list.  I was directed to someone familiar with the app. He said that the phone needed wifi and that my level of sophistication with Smart Actions were way beyond his, so I left the store.  Does anyone know if there is development work being done on this app?

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 8 of 19

2012-06-12, 16:20 PM

mdblitz said:

I have not been able to get Smart Actions to work.  It seems as though it is an all or nothing situation.  I went to the local Verizon store yesterday to get some help. All I want to do is set up a rule that silences my phone during a particular time of day except for the contacts in a VIP list.  I was directed to someone familiar with the app. He said that the phone needed wifi and that my level of sophistication with Smart Actions were way beyond his, so I left the store.  Does anyone know if there is development work being done on this app?

Perhaps try an app called Llama Location Profiles.

You can set your device to a silent profile that has an exception for "noisy contacts."  

• Noisy contacts = "selecting contacts who will be allowed to override the ringer settings in the profile."

Sounds like the same kind of set up that you are attempting with SA, no?
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 19

2012-06-12, 16:41 PM
I'll look into it. Although my wife is in my VIP Caller list, her notifications are silent and she receives my auto reply. Completely Unacceptable.
Options

39 Posts

04-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 19

2012-06-13, 2:32 AM

mdblitz said:

Wifi is only needed if it's actually the trigger or for location triggers.

What exactly are your triggers and actions for the rule that's giving you problems?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms