Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

540 Posts

11-24-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Smart Actions

2012-12-30, 22:06 PM

When I am at home I want wifi to turn on and bluetooth to turn off.  When not at home I want wifi to turn offf and bluetooth to turn on.  What is the best way to do this using moto smart action?  It's easy enough to set location rule to turn wifi on and bluetooth off at home.  The trick is to turn wifi off and bluetooth on when at ANY location EXCEPT home.  

What is the best way to do this?  

If i choose a time span and a location do BOTH have to be true for a rule to be active or just,one OR the other?

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Actions

2012-12-30, 22:14 PM

I can't give you an answer to your original question, but when you have 2 triggers for an action then both triggers have to be true before that action will take place. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 3 of 4

2012-12-30, 22:27 PM

Moved to Smart Action community for better support.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

1997 Posts

06-03-2015

USA

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-01-06, 18:25 PM

SmartActions seems to be a work in progress compared with some of the other free and paid apps. You may want to check play for Tasker (seems complicated to me), Llama or one of the other profile changing programs. I think Motorola needs to decided if creating and support apps is where they want to be. They have such a small market share so to limit the apps to its hardware - what's the up side? And this seems to be a half hearted effort. The interface is nice and easy to use but again, compared to whats already available, I don't see where they're going with this. I think it will be like their Task app, developed then just left to die a slow death.

I'm using Setting Profiles but it isn't well supported any more. The latest version has some bugs so I can't recommend it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms