Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: SmartAction Background Sync off not work in ICS

2012-07-26, 17:46 PM

AlphaDog said:

SmartActionsExpert said:

Hi fatboy97,

Your absolutely correct about the Wi-Fi.  Restricting background data applies only to Cellular data and not Wi-Fi, so if you had Wi-Fi on all the time your data is still is going through. On our end, we need to better educate you guys on these concepts or create better sample rules so these kinds of situations are avoided/minimized. I have this captured and will pass it along to our design team.

@smartactionsexpert

I understand the original goal was to make SA easy, and for most people that probably works. But even having a web page with all the triggers and actions listed and defined would be great - maybe even the gotchas or exceptions that are too verbose to list on the the phone. For the above example - compare and contrast "background sync off" to "cellular data off" may help a lot of people.

Other helpful hints - what happens when a rule ends - a sleep rule that turns off wifi or BT - does not necessarily turn them back on when the rule is no longer active.

I agree with AlphaDog.  The first time I played with an SA, I made the phone silent, and didn't think about the fact that when the SA ended, the phone would remain in the silent state.  Smart Actions really need some documentation about the triggers, tips & tricks, what to look out for, reminders to do something to reverse the state of the phone...with that kind of information, I think more people would play with the application, and a lot more great ideas might spring up.

I do have sample SAs running, but every time I try to build or modify one, I mess it up.

Options

1 Posts

01-29-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 12 of 12

Re: SmartAction Background Sync off not work in ICS

2012-09-28, 13:41 PM

Recently I started use this app on Atrix2 and happend to see same issues talked on this thread. My simple suggesteion is, adding "Auto Sync" options in Smart Actions would be great help.  

So On Night, I set action to Disable Auto Sync and  Diable Background Data. Hence Auto sync is disabled No email notifications pushed thru even though we have Wifi turnned on as posted above. 

Will SmarActions team consider this? Thank you. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms